Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Are you hunting this year, if so, with what?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Filled my Tag in Minnesnowta this year. Smaller than I would have preferred, but it was getting late in the season when Murphy's law kept kicking me down with my gear this year.

Nonetheless, good luck out there guys, I am onto Winter Grouse hunting. Picked up a used Winchester 1200 for my first "Bird Gun". Now, I just gotta hit some Grouse.
    Birds birds birds I do love hitting those birds and watching them helicopter down to Pappa. Win 1200 good choice, I like me some shotguns
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Birds birds birds I do love hitting those birds and watching them helicopter down to Pappa. Win 1200 good choice, I like me some shotguns
    First year Bird hunting. Had some troubles and some luck. No dog is the hardest part. But, the winter grouse hunt makes a good reason to get out and enjoy nature.

I got this used, from an estate, for 125. It musta hit bottom of a river at some point in it's life, it was sluggish and gritty when I got it.

After a deep clean, and pulling out a 1" ball of sand, it's smooth as butter.

1980s 28" Steel Proof Barrel with Mod Choke.

I took the wooden cork out as it was building rust inside the cap, but the tube was spotless still and is back to it's proper capacity.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    First year Bird hunting. Had some troubles and some luck. No dog is the hardest part. But, the winter grouse hunt makes a good reason to get out and enjoy nature.

I got this used, from an estate, for 125. It musta hit bottom of a river at some point in it's life, it was sluggish and gritty when I got it.

After a deep clean, and pulling out a 1" ball of sand, it's smooth as butter.

1980s 28" Steel Proof Barrel with Mod Choke.

I took the wooden cork out as it was building rust inside the cap, but the tube was spotless still and is back to it's proper capacity.

You got that bad boy ready to go. Well done. $125 is a stupid dinner
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    You got that bad boy ready to go. Well done. $125 is a stupid dinner
    Agreed, that is a great find!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567