Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone shoot steel cased ammo from Glocks or M&Ps?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I think CCI Blazer is outstanding. I've put a little over 68,000 rounds of it through my two M&P's over the past year with very few problems. Though ironically, just tonight I had a round that was loaded very short; it looked like a .380 round made with 9x19 brass. It was obviously standing shorter in the box so I didn't even try to load it.

interesting that you say that Todd....I stopped shooting CCI Brass Blazer ammo because I would encounter 1-2 rounds like that/box, both in 9mm and .45...

I used to buy the stuff from Wal-Mart, and make special trips to find the Wal-marts that carried the 9mm (since most around me only have .40 and .45 in blazer for whatever reason)...but I stopped doing it because of so many short loaded rounds....

Now I shoot the Remington stuff from Dick's.....since I have no way of getting distributor prices, I pay "mortal" prices...but at $8.98/box if bought in case quantity for 9mm is about as good as i can find...

couple this with the fact that I always have "dick's reward point dollars" to spend, and the fact that they send me good coupons (and my wife got one of those "charity" coupon books with dick's and gander mountain coupons in it) makes it cheapest for me...

I just bought 1000 rounds of 9mm last week, and with the coupons and reward zone things I paid $148/1000 out the door....

i haven't been able to beat that yet for brass cased ammo that works fine in my glocks (all i shoot anymore)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I think CCI Blazer is outstanding. I've put a little over 68,000 rounds of it through my two M&P's over the past year with very few problems. Though ironically, just tonight I had a round that was loaded very short; it looked like a .380 round made with 9x19 brass. It was obviously standing shorter in the box so I didn't even try to load it.
    eh well, one out of 68000 ain't so bad

i've used blazer the few times i've shot 9mm's. never had an issue.
    now that i live in a free state i plan to do a lot more handgun shooting

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trio View Post
    interesting that you say that Todd....I stopped shooting CCI Brass Blazer ammo because I would encounter 1-2 rounds like that/box, both in 9mm and .45...
    Last case of 45 Blazer I went through had some of those. The first box I opened had 4 or 5 with deep-seated bullets. Got me worried 'cause 10% was too much. At the end, turned out 8 or 9 out of 850; I thought I could live with that.

On a side note, this makes a good example of how "valid" our opinions are when based on small samples.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I shot a 1500 of wolf 45 in my glock 30 and never had one hick up.but I sold my glock .

NRA Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12