Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found a legal Saiga S12, now another question

Feedback Score

Found a legal Saiga S12, now another question

After your help and a lot of research I found Cadiz Gun Works. They make a CA legal S12, but after my excitement of actually finding a way to get one finally wore off, my responsible self had a question.

Is the Saiga S12 really worth $1000 price tag for a fully converted version? Is it a better shotty than a 1100/1187?

I have wonder because I can build a full on tactical 1100/1187 or two 870's for the price of a converted S12. Not to mention the more money I save, the more I can throw at my AR-carbine or maybe even start the construction of a 24" long range AR.

By the way, the purpose of my next shotty is for three gun matches.

thanks
    Retired Tracy Police Department-D-tac instructor

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    well 1000 sounds high to me ,but I got mine unconverted for 300 and did the conversion myself for less than 100 bucks.Now I have seen others converted for around 800.it is a fine weapon ,I have never had any sort of problem with my S12.Now being in Ca you might have to pay for what ever they did to make it legal .yes there are better shotguns out there but none get the looks and questions like my S12 does.
    it all boils down to HOW BAD YOU WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    Pretty damn bad actually.... Plus the handling of it is probably like comparing my 590 to my AR carbine huh?

And yes the company that does the conversions their S12's are around 800, but then add, the shortened barrel, the gas work, all the CA paperwork and the bullet button, makes it around $1000. I guess it's worth it, if the gun out handles a long gun style shotty.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallboss View Post
    After your help and a lot of research I found Cadiz Gun Works. They make a CA legal S12, but after my excitement of actually finding a way to get one finally wore off, my responsible self had a question.

thanks
    What was necessary to convert it to CA legal? A pinned 10 round mag?

Noveske 14.5 VTAC KX3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Olav View Post
    What was necessary to convert it to CA legal?
    I don't know how CGW does it, but Henderson Defense installs a shield or guard that prevents the mag from being released without using a tool.

Feedback Score
    From what I understand, that is what Cadiz does.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Pretty damn bad actually.... Plus the handling of it is probably like comparing my 590 to my AR carbine huh?

And yes the company that does the conversions their S12's are around 800, but then add, the shortened barrel, the gas work, all the CA paperwork and the bullet button, makes it around $1000. I guess it's worth it, if the gun out handles a long gun style shotty.

Thanks.
    it will out handle a long shotty.it is just like toting a AK ,to me its easier to controll it due to the military design .fast target sight in .easy to reload (I have 1 russian 8rd mag and about 5 five round mags.it will eat anything you put in it.I would say go for it!!!!!!!
    here is mine with my Daughter

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    Thanks. You guys are making it extremely hard to say no and considering my wife said, "If you want it, get it" that doesn't make it any easier. Of course she says that because she wants the Mossy 590 all to herself.

Feedback Score
    Dude, GET IT! I just bought the last one at my local shop. Plus, I doubt they're going to get any cheaper.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. You guys are making it extremely hard to say no and considering my wife said, "If you want it, get it" that doesn't make it any easier. Of course she says that because she wants the Mossy 590 all to herself.
    Then why are you still here asking questions?

Give that woman a kiss on the cheek and go gun shopping!

And bring her home a 590 of her own, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast