Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIG Romeo 4M discontinued ?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

SIG Romeo 4M discontinued ?

So it appears SIG has discontinued the Romeo 4M ?

This is the optic recently approved by the FBI as an alternaticve to the Aimpoints. I've been using a 4M and was looking to pick up a another but they are listed as out of stock and discontinued everywhere I've looked.

Is SIG coming out with new version ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So it appears SIG has discontinued the Romeo 4M ?

This is the optic recently approved by the FBI as an alternaticve to the Aimpoints. I've been using a 4M and was looking to pick up a another but they are listed as out of stock and discontinued everywhere I've looked.

Is SIG coming out with new version ?
    They came out with 4S and 4T models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Shocker.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The FBI approved a RDS manufactured in CHINA?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    The Romeos are solid. Pappabear has one. I'd trust it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    I think FBI is using 4t and they are made in Japan (read about it somewhere recently )

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercs View Post
    They came out with 4S and 4T models

QFT - 4H also. Apparently, much improved with different manufacturing than the first gen models, A, B, C, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by splittime View Post
    I think FBI is using 4t and they are made in Japan (read about it somewhere recently )

Indeed.

I've been doing a little research on these and have decided on a 4T, which should arrive next week. Here are a couple of links I found talking about them being assembled in the USA, using parts from USA & Japan, as well as a clue about the Holosun clone debate. You'd think they'd advertise the assembled/made in USA a little more if it's truly the case, which seems to be.

https://averageoutdoorsman.com/new-r...ot-sight-line/

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/05/17...ptics-romeo4t/

Here's another link to an interview with Andy York, President of SIG SAUER Electro Optics, which I got from another thread here on the M4 boards.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...5/m/8610003793

Also, check out this guy's youtube review. The review itself is pretty basic, but he mentions giving a good deal on these optics, and he's not lying, which was all the excuse I needed to go ahead and pick one up. I'll try to remember to post again once I've received it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uGQiVWbVZY

Feedback Score
    So, are the 4T and 4S models made in Japan/USA, but the cheaper models made from Chinese parts?

I find it curious that these optics have been out for a while and I still can't find any comprehensive reviews or durability tests. Just a press release that said the FBI is okay with them.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Necro post but just to update. The Romeo 4M’s in FBI service are still going strong.

The only issues reported have been some mount issues due to a bad batch of screws which was easily fixed. They fit standard Aimpoint micro mounts.

The 4M was designed by SIG’s electro Optics crew in Oregon, most of whom were former Leupold Employees.

The GOV contract 4Ms are marked “designed in Oregon, assembled in USA.” Markings are on the bottom of the optic where the mount attaches. My understanding is these optics were made overseas to SIG’s QC specs, possibly in the Holosun factory. They were then brought into the U.S. as parts kits and assembled here, likely to qualify as “U.S. made” for Gov Contract purposes.

Having used both the Romeo 4M and the Romeo 5s the 4M is definitely a higher quality optic.

It’s interesting that shortly after SIG discontinued the 4M Holosun released their higher grade “military model” which seems to be a clone of the 4M.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I had the mount off of my Romeo 4T last night and thought I'd share what I saw underneath to clear up a little bit of confusion about origin of manufacture. I don't know if the other models are the same or not.

Last edited by Mr McSimon; 07-25-18 at 13:23.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast