Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SIG Romeo 4M discontinued ?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    I had the mount off of my Romeo 4T last night and thought I'd share what I saw underneath to clear up a little bit of confusion about origin of manufacture. I don't know if the other models are the same or not.

Yeah, there isn't any indication of manufacture there.

Designed and Assembled only.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Ofc that's what it says. Are you looking for a list of the individual parts and where each was made prior to assembly? That's probably not likely to happen. Can the parts even be sourced from made in USA suppliers? I'm guessing not, and that "assembled in" is as close as we're going to get with these. I was just trying to add to the record is all.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I was at a class at Quantico in April. All the FBI rifles had these on them. I have never seen them in person before. No one had an issue with them all week. The Mid-South instructor was running one too. David

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    Ofc that's what it says. Are you looking for a list of the individual parts and where each was made prior to assembly? That's probably not likely to happen. Can the parts even be sourced from made in USA suppliers? I'm guessing not, and that "assembled in" is as close as we're going to get with these. I was just trying to add to the record is all.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Back when SIG Sauer was transitioning from just being an importer to wanting to manufacture, they started ‘assembling’ in the USA - German SIG (essentially) were shipped over unassembled to be put together here. How much ‘assembly’ was required was left to guess, but IMO not much as slides / frames / barrels would still have the traditional serial numbers matching, something you wouldn’t need in the USA.

Of course I don’t need a parts list, but I’d venture to say by the looks of the optics, it’s nearly entirely foreign - how much assembly is required is left to the imagination but it all looks pretty similar to whichever factory in China makes the Romeo 5 and all the Holosun RDS.

I’m sure there is no definition on what equates to “assembly” in a country. So it is what it is. And most people have good luck with the Romeo 4/5s, the code seems to have been cracked on long rung in RDS; only the Chinese mounts seem to have issues on the Romeo 4s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12