Thread: IMI 5.56MM M193 or CBC 5.56MM M193

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

IMI 5.56MM M193 or CBC 5.56MM M193

Currently I use IMI M193 for training and stash and BH MK262 MOD 1 for SD/HD and stash.

From my limited research on the CBC M193 I have found that it is pretty good ammo. Slightly higher velocity than the IMI, slightly better accuracy (this varies, so YMMV), crimped/sealed primers and sealed case mouth.

IMI M193 also has sealed/crimped primers, sealed case mouth, accuracy for me has been pretty good (this isn't precision ammo I get that).

The main difference I'm seeing is the cost. It's ~50-80 dollars more per case of a thousand for IMI vs. CBC.

Question is: Is the CBC worth changing over to it and using that, exclusively, as opposed to the IMI?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Using ammoseek they seem to be priced the same. However I'm curious in other peoples experience with both. Currently I'm using the IMI 55gr but always looking for a good balance in accuracy and value when it comes to 55gr bulk.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I currently only have reserves in CBC / Magtect 5.56 m193 ammo. I used to shoot federal before I knew any better of how dirty the stuff makes my guns. I bought multiple thousand of IMI, PPU, and Magtech / CBC. In both the yellow and white box and the new green and white (tactical) labeled boxes. For the price surrently of 290 for 1k in an ammo can, I have zero reason to switch to anything else. Never a ammo failure with any of the 3, but the magtech is very clean and shoots well enough in all my RDS rifles. I also now shoot only Mk262 (clone) ammo from magtech also. For 58 cents a round for 77gr SMK ammo that shoots an inch in my guns, I can't justify the Black Hills any longer.

So in short, the CBC magtech is worth it even at the same price as the others, and an easy choice when the price is cheaper. I have about 14k rounds down range now with already. Zero complaints.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You might also consider MEN. I also use IMI and CBC but I have 1000 rounds of MEN stashed but haven't tried it. Supposed to be top notch.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...o-market-(MEN)!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Neither the Men or CBC m193 have been as accurate as IMI from my three most used range guns.
    The difference isn't great, 1/4" to 1/2", which for my purposes is basically inconsequential.
    I tend to buy based on price due to the amount I shoot.

"Serious" ammo is a different story.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Neither the Men or CBC m193 have been as accurate as IMI from my three most used range guns.
    The difference isn't great, 1/4" to 1/2", which for my purposes is basically inconsequential.
    I tend to buy based on price due to the amount I shoot.

"Serious" ammo is a different story.
    My experiences mirror this for 55gr ammo. I have all three in my stash currently and don't hesitate to reach for any of the three.

That said, my SPR build runs IMI 77gr ammo exclusively after some testing and finding that the round is silly accurate from the gun.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Interesting. I'm going to head to the range tomorrow with my 16" BFH BCM ELW and throw some bipods on it and shoot for accuracy. I have a bunch of IMI 55gr 5.56 so we'll see how it does. I'll post up results when I get back.

Feedback Score
    IMI and CBC are both excellent. That goes for 55, 62, and 77.
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Seriously, what kind of shooting are you people doing that allows you tell the difference between IMI and CBC/MAGTECH? If you are shooting from a bench for groups with M193, you are doing it wrong.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Seriously, what kind of shooting are you people doing that allows you tell the difference between IMI and CBC/MAGTECH? If you are shooting from a bench for groups with M193, you are doing it wrong.
    SUPER LATE RESPONSE but w/e. Where I shoot 2-Gun typically has stages out to 400-500yds. That being said I mostly shoot 55gr through rifle so I want to get the most accurate I can. On my SBR I could care less about M193 accuracy and never bothered to test. But my 55gr is dual purpose stash ammo and match ammo. I’ve tried switching to 77gr just for distance stages but the holds on intermediate stages with Accupower BDC don’t match very, hence I use 55gr as a one size fits all.

For those interested I did notice the IMI shot a little more accurate compared to the CBC and MEN stuff. + its on sale for .24 a round right now at midway.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 02-26-18 at 09:00.