Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The new Ruger AR-556 MPR is quite nice

Feedback Score

The new Ruger AR-556 MPR is quite nice

I just picked this up today. 18 in CHF 5R rifling barrel, 15" FF handguard, rifle length gas, magpul backup sights and furniture, also got a sweet 2 stage 4.5 lb trigger.

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    Did your rifle come from Ruger with sights ? Thought they were shipped without sights.

Feedback Score
    I installed those myself

Feedback Score
    That's nice! Do you know who makes the ff rail?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tucsondirt View Post
    That's nice! Do you know who makes the ff rail?
    Ruger. Other than the MBUS set, that's fresh out of the box.

Feedback Score
    On paper it looks like it could be a pretty solid rifle. Especially for the price some places have them going for. I'll be interested to hear a range report.

Oh, and ib4 the feral cats come in and p*** all over your thread.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    It's a factory rifle pretty much how 3G competitors set their guns up. As a factory offering, that's great. A bit late to the market I think, but nonetheless bravo for making a product that people have asked for.

Feedback Score
    I also bought the Colt Trooper M4 earlier this week.

So after field stripping both guns and comparing them, I can see why this forum heavily favors the Colt. Just by looking at the BCG and the castle nut, I can see Colt built their guns to a higher standard. The castle nut is staked on the colt, and the gas key is staked better than the MPR. I'm not saying the MPR is a bad gun, for the price I paid for it and the fact is a semi auto civilian rifle, it's a great value. But just saying, I'm starting to see the light!

Feedback Score
    How about side by side pics of the staking? Complete Ruger BCG pic?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by heavygunner8 View Post
    I also bought the Colt Trooper M4 earlier this week.

So after field stripping both guns and comparing them, I can see why this forum heavily favors the Colt. Just by looking at the BCG and the castle nut, I can see Colt built their guns to a higher standard. The castle nut is staked on the colt, and the gas key is staked better than the MPR. I'm not saying the MPR is a bad gun, for the price I paid for it and the fact is a semi auto civilian rifle, it's a great value. But just saying, I'm starting to see the light!
    Both nice ARs, but only one is ready for the sandbox.
    Colt > BCM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast