Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My "SPR" build

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That is a great looking rifle (w/ exception of that abortion at the end of the barrel.)

Maybe a NF 2-10 for glass?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Olav View Post
    My reasoning is that I'm an artist.

It's controversial and I'm a maverick.

Hey Olav, in regards to that Noveske 14.5 VTAC KX3 down in/near your sigline:

What kind of grip is that???? What is the purpose of that odd raised piece on the backstrap????
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    That's because they know something you don't.
    They know that you're willing to spend $125 for it and were willing to sell it to you (they didn't advised against it because it doesn't hurt the functionality of the weapon - aside from adding unecessary weight and an extra 3" to the end of the muzzle)... that's the bottom line. It's your weapon and you do with it however you please. There are just better choices for a muzzle device for an 18" SPR and a lot of people with a lot of experience were trying to give you advice.

No offense intended and personally I think you have an excellent/beautiful weapon.
    "I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night..."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel View Post
    They know that you're willing to spend $125 for it and were willing to sell it to you (they didn't advised against it because it doesn't hurt the functionality of the weapon - aside from adding unecessary weight and an extra 3" to the end of the muzzle)... that's the bottom line. It's your weapon and you do with it however you please. There are just better choices for a muzzle device for an 18" SPR and a lot of people with a lot of experience were trying to give you advice.

No offense intended and personally I think you have an excellent/beautiful weapon.
    That's an interesting rationalization bordering on cynicism. The realized functional advantages outweigh any perceived disadvantages.

BTW, does anyone use a suppressor on an SPR?

Noveske 14.5 VTAC KX3

Feedback Score
    eehhh I don't think I'm feeling the flaming pig on the end either. The rest of it is nice though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    eehhh I don't think I'm feeling the flaming pig on the end either. The rest of it is nice though.
    To me it's about performance and results not looks.

Noveske 14.5 VTAC KX3

Feedback Score
    My reasoning is that I'm an artist.

It's controversial and I'm a maverick.
    Bending the barrel in a horseshoe shape would be controversial as well, but I wouldn't recommend doing it. Same goes for running a KX3 on the end of a 18" bbl; but whatever froths your latte I guess. I do like the rest of the rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten View Post
    Bending the barrel in a horseshoe shape would be controversial as well, but I wouldn't recommend doing it. Same goes for running a KX3 on the end of a 18" bbl; but whatever froths your latte I guess. I do like the rest of the rifle.
    That's just plain ridiculous and there is no logic to your statement. The rifle you described would not even function and serve no purpose.

I have given logical, realistic explanations as to the benefits.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm dragging out all the trolls that stick to the internet status quo but have no real life empirical experience.

Noveske 14.5 VTAC KX3

Feedback Score

I just need a good optic. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Looking forward to shooting some 77's with this thing at the range!
    Anyway, I hope all the KX3 on SPR's haters have all chimed in.

That seems to be a very distracting feature.

I did have a question regarding optics though.

I was looking at a Leupold Mark 4 Illuminated 2.5-8 x 36mm MR/T M2 (TMR)

I don't want to spend too much money since it all went into the KX3 already...

Noveske 14.5 VTAC KX3

Feedback Score
    That's just plain ridiculous and there is no logic to your statement. The rifle you described would not even function and serve no purpose.

I have given logical, realistic explanations as to the benefits.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm dragging out all the trolls that stick to the internet status quo but have no real life empirical experience.
    Sorry buddy, but when you hit [SUBMIT] and posted the thread, you invited feedback. Perhaps you should have stated from the outset that you did not desire any criticisms of your choice of accouterments.

As I said, I like the remainder of the rifle. I think that the inclusion of the KX3 was a bit silly and wasteful save for the fact that you like the way it looks. Muzzle flip on an 18-inch barrel is going to be practically non-existent anyway and there are better muzzle accessories to combat it than the KX3.

The KX3 is primarily for use on a SBR for the purposes of reducing the concussive force directed back at the operator and for increasing gas back-pressure, thereby facilitating more reliable cycling in the short barrel system. Your weapon needs neither.

It's been my experience thus far on M4C that the people here prefer function over form. Your rifle's pretty but can it dance?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast