Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
And while I was noodling around the Bay I found something else that I thought might be a solution to a problem... Given that real Elcan M145s are around two grand each and correct Canadian C79's are practically hock-major-organs to get unless your name is Larry Vickers, I've told my girlfriend that if she wants an optic for "her gun" (the C8 I'm building, though it's really only "hers" when she's shooting with me, otherwise it's just another iron in my Ready Rack for Home D) she'll have to buy and make arrangements to get it here herself, and with the Elcan's excessive-for-CQB magnification and other issues it'll probably wear an Eotech or bare iron most of the time. (Not the only thing, I'm making her provide her own bayonet if she wants one too--I can buy THREE Ontario M9's for the price of ONE Eickhorn B2005.)

However, I stumbled across an airsoft-y (it claims to be rated for live iron, but I don't believe in trusting sales puffery especially from Hong Kong) knockoff on the Bay, and thought that purely as a "range toy" it might work to give her a basic checkout on the C79/C8 combo and the general frustration of the Elcan Experience--I'm assuming that for actual competition we'll both be using iron sights simply to ensure solid basic technique. What's y'all's take on this between "wouldn't do for Serious Work in Combat, Hunting or Competition but might be OK for a plinker/range toy" or "Save the money and stick to Bare Iron"?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Invisib...actical-scope/

I'm reluctant to trust an Ebay Elcan even with an MGO optic being listed for $325 because I don't know if Raytheon will stand behind them for repair services, or would swap out reticles if God forbid somebody sticks me with an MGO despite my best efforts.
That link has already been pulled, which means you avoided getting scammed.