Page 259 of 354 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 3539

Thread: The GOOD DEALs and INTERESTING find thread!

Feedback Score
    I had no idea there was such Serpa hate. I've used the same CQC for open carry for 10+ years without an issue. I assume there is something to these that I don't know about?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juke Skywalker View Post
    I had no idea there was such Serpa hate. I've used the same CQC for open carry for 10+ years without an issue. I assume there is something to these that I don't know about?
    The problem is the finger positioning on the draw. Done under pressure it's too easy have your finger slip off the latch and into the guard causing an ND.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    The problem is the finger positioning on the draw. Done under pressure it's too easy have your finger slip off the latch and into the guard causing an ND.
    Yup, its that simple.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    The possibility for an ND with them is a very real concern, and they are also very easy to lock up and bind in outdoor environments. Back when i started carrying, a lot of years ago, i started with a Serpa, and during an IDPA match, the serpa got dirt/little rock in there somehow and completely locked up on me. Had to literally take the holster apart to get the gun out. Serpas are also generally very flimsy and easy to brake.

In a nutshell, Serpas are hot garbage. Go Safariland all day.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    The possibility for an ND with them is a very real concern, and they are also very easy to lock up and bind in outdoor environments. Back when i started carrying, a lot of years ago, i started with a Serpa, and during an IDPA match, the serpa got dirt/little rock in there somehow and completely locked up on me. Had to literally take the holster apart to get the gun out. Serpas are also generally very flimsy and easy to brake.

In a nutshell, Serpas are hot garbage. Go Safariland all day.
    So they make something like the image below for a glock 19, which looks akin to a serpa but has the retention moved for middle finger access. This would be perfect I think, as all i'm looking for is that style retention and OWB/belt loop use. Only problem is I'd like to get one for a Jericho 941 (FS?, it's the mid-sized/compact version). I have one from Orpaz that's adjustable from high to low ride but I'm not a huge fan of it.

2021-12-15_12-11-41.png

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For how cheap a used safari land is for many pistols and how bad the Serpa is, I'd just start watching eBay.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wolf .223 slowing coming down. Was $356 in October, now $335. https://www.velocityammosales.com/pr...j-1000-rd-case

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Wolf .223 slowing coming down. Was $356 in October, now $335. https://www.velocityammosales.com/pr...j-1000-rd-case
    Slowly.... real slowly.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anyone know if this place is legit? A Colt 6920 for $700 would be fantastic...

https://ammoandarmsstore.com/cr6920/
    Stick

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Anyone know if this place is legit? A Colt 6920 for $700 would be fantastic...

https://ammoandarmsstore.com/cr6920/
    "Enter your email address to be notified when this item is back in stock."
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Page 259 of 354 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309 ... LastLast