Page 32 of 354 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: The GOOD DEALs and INTERESTING find thread!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    weelll - on that note

Brownells has 10 pack Glock factory G17 mags for $189 shipped - use free shipping coupon and there's $10 off + free ship coupons floating around too

Is $18 delivered per G17 mag a good deal?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Nope, cancel that idea as it is not legit. The ad states...

A lot of people know that I knew John Noveske. After Johns death, a lot of people suddenly began claiming him as a friend. Since he was dead, it wasn't like John could complain. Since John died, there has been a portion of the Noveske base which has made a clear distinction between Pre and Post death items based on quality, name appeal, and other real or imagined reasons.

I knew John well enough to exchange obnoxious memes, and vacation at his house for a week or longer. When people tell me they were best friend with John Noveske, I like to ask them how he liked his coffee, or what he liked to make for breakfast. That has shut every single person up who has slapped out this the "best bud" claim.

I don't bring up the above to try to look cool, or increase name appeal. I say it so that along with the knowledge of me having written articles about Noveske, that I can state with credibility that we spoke freely back and forth about business and personal things. One of the business things we spoke about on his back deck one day was that of lapping barrels. John was very clear that he was not one to see the need to lap a barrel. He felt the reason for lapping barrels, or the stated need for lapping modern barrels was so that the barrel company would get a repeat customer sooner. He pointed out to me that each pass through the barrel, was a degradation of the barrel interior. The more a person lapped a barrel, the shorter the actual barrel service life.

If you look at the above claim of Noveske hand-lapping barrels, no. Just no.

Secondly, I don't believe a company would sit on expensive barrels for almost a decade instead of using them for a project, or straight up for sale. Even if the intended project fell through, a new project would come together in short order. No one waits for 9 years.

I'm sure someone has an explanation to the above, and how it is all a misunderstanding, but it stinks to me. There is something else going on that I would not want to be a part of.

I am painfully aware of counterfeit Noveske barrels having been made by at least one POS in the industry. I won't go so far as to state the listed barrels are fakes, but I will say that something stinks about it.
    Thanks for that!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    weelll - on that note

Brownells has 10 pack Glock factory G17 mags for $189 shipped - use free shipping coupon and there's $10 off + free ship coupons floating around too

Is $18 delivered per G17 mag a good deal?
    That is about as good as it gets for new glock mags.
    I know a few sites that you can catch used mags for around $10, but those are used. $18 for new isn't bad at all. I just don't quite need 10 more 17 mags.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    That is about as good as it gets for new glock mags.
    I know a few sites that you can catch used mags for around $10, but those are used. $18 for new isn't bad at all. I just don't quite need 10 more 17 mags.
    Mind sharing the $10 used links?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    FYI to everybody in this thread - nobody send anyone any money for this barrel thing until this is all cleared up.

BillB - you need to stop advertising this right now, until you receive approval from Shivan. You do NOT have the ability to do this on this board without permission.

Just for clarity, I did not run to SS to make the above post. I think a few people can see that something isn't right with this one.

Regarding any group buys that pop up in my slice of heaven (M4C forum), I'll handle the administrative side of things for the board and the manufacturer or vendor as needed. If somehow I implied that group buys are a free for all, you all have my most sincere apologies as no board I know of whats the heat and aggravation that brings.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Mind sharing the $10 used links?

Yes please, I can always use more G17 magazines. We are going to need some linkage for that one.....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You guys are asking a lot of a man who is needing sleep soon. Lol.

I know I have seen them on sale at Aimsurplus for about that price, might have been $11. CDNN has had them on occasion as well. http://www.southernohiogun.com/ had used glock mags for a little over $10, though they were Glock 22 mags. That said, I have used them for training mags in the past, I like having a few malfs in training from time to time so there is that. https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/ has also had them onsale from time to time if my memory serves me right. The trick is catching them both onsale and instock. That is not always easy.

But, don't fear, Kain doesn't leave you completely empty. Hungarian 20 round mags, for $25 a piece, and as low as $20 if you buy 10.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47H20

I really don't need more 20s, but.... damn that a good price.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Sorry folks, I broke the rules by starting this group buy. My public apologies to the owners, moderators and other forum members for not knowing the rules.
    Sure would have been a good buy though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    Sorry folks, I broke the rules by starting this group buy. My public apologies to the owners, moderators and other forum members for not knowing the rules.
    Sure would have been a good buy though.
    It would NOT have been a good buy, not even a little. Have you paid any attention to what people have been posting?

Go read what people have posted, and if you aren't embarrassed you should be. I swear I feel like I'm back talking to a PFC who is trying to tell me that they didn't get screwed on a used car they just bought off the local theft lot.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    You guys are asking a lot of a man who is needing sleep soon. Lol.

I know I have seen them on sale at Aimsurplus for about that price, might have been $11. CDNN has had them on occasion as well. http://www.southernohiogun.com/ had used glock mags for a little over $10, though they were Glock 22 mags. That said, I have used them for training mags in the past, I like having a few malfs in training from time to time so there is that. https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/ has also had them onsale from time to time if my memory serves me right. The trick is catching them both onsale and instock. That is not always easy.

But, don't fear, Kain doesn't leave you completely empty. Hungarian 20 round mags, for $25 a piece, and as low as $20 if you buy 10.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47H20

I really don't need more 20s, but.... damn that a good price.

I bought AK magazines when they were a buck a piece. It is funny how prices go.

If you see any current links pop up for goods Glock mag prices, please post it.
    Stick

Page 32 of 354 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast