Page 61 of 354 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: The GOOD DEALs and INTERESTING find thread!

Feedback Score

The GOOD DEALs and INTERESTING find thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercs View Post
    Nice! They may run the 69 grain again too then. I have enough of the 77gr to last through a zombie apocalypse or two now. I’m on the hunt for some of the revered SOST 62gr (MK318 mod 0, Federal AB49) to round out my ammo stash. Please post any deals on it, if found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup, here again is the 69gr SMK on super sale today only. For me it’s just no substitute for the 77gr
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/72...mi-69gr-721876

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mercs; 10-01-18 at 07:36.

Feedback Score
    Now Walmart has Federal 223 100 round boxes for $29.97.

Feedback Score
    There is a thread about this upper in AR Discussions, but figured would post here because it is a pretty solid deal

Stag is not a tier one company or anything, but i would say they are a step above the Andersons of the world. They currently have a 16'' Upper with 15''MLOCK rail and 1/7 twist chrome lined barreled upper for $229. There is an option to change the barrel to mid-length for no extra charge. Not a bad deal for a range gun, or if you just want a beater to have around

https://www.stagarms.com/stag-15-sev...uctSpecsDetail

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Just saw this in another thread- CDNN has Ruger RPR’s (various models and calibers) for under $900.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    There is a thread about this upper in AR Discussions, but figured would post here because it is a pretty solid deal

Stag is not a tier one company or anything, but i would say they are a step above the Andersons of the world. They currently have a 16'' Upper with 15''MLOCK rail and 1/7 twist chrome lined barreled upper for $229. There is an option to change the barrel to mid-length for no extra charge. Not a bad deal for a range gun, or if you just want a beater to have around

Solid price for what should be a very solid product.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Stag also has non FCG LPK's on sale for $29.99.

https://www.stagarms.com/lower-recei...trigger-group/
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Brownells has Meprolight Tru Dot tritium sights for Glock 9mm/40cal on sale with coupon for $45 shipped to your door.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...prod70579.aspx

Use code : VBJ

Ends tonight. I just ordered a set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post

Chrome-lined barrel, full M-Lok and a good Stag reputation. I've never owned any Stag uppers, but generally heard a positive things about Stag making mil-spec products.

I'm wondering at this price why ever consider a BCM/LMT/COLT uppers at $550-750, or a DD at almost 1k? Even top tier brands definitely will not offer 3-5x longevity or durability of their uppers vs Stag. What am I missing here? Is it that Stag became more realistic and lowered their prices to compete in the market with Palmetto and Aero? And other aforementioned brands are not willing to cut their profit margins or is there something else? Even if, say Brand X (of the above), have a 2x manufacturing and parts costs over Stag (which I really-really doubt) that would put an M-Lok upper price at around $400-450 tops, not $650.

I might have to re-think my potential purchasing plans and really consider a Stag upper... To some degree I wish I didn't see that price. Now I feel like I'm being taken advantage of if I wanted to buy a more expensive upper...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    Brownells has Meprolight Tru Dot tritium sights for Glock 9mm/40cal on sale with coupon for $45 shipped to your door.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...prod70579.aspx

Use code : VBJ

Ends tonight. I just ordered a set.

That is an awesome deal, and for anyone who has stock polymer sights on their Glocks, you now have ZERO REASON to not switch over to real sights. Replacing sights is easy on a Glock, pull the front sight out with pliers, and then the replacement front sight drops in and tightens into place with a nut.

The rear plastic sight can be pulled out with pliers, and replacement is done by sliding the sight into place, and then tapping it with a piece of wood until it is centered up. Use the piece of wood like a punch, and tap the wood with a hammer. The wood won't mar the slide.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    Chrome-lined barrel, full M-Lok and a good Stag reputation. I've never owned any Stag uppers, but generally heard a positive things about Stag making mil-spec products.

I'm wondering at this price why ever consider a BCM/LMT/COLT uppers at $550-750, or a DD at almost 1k? Even top tier brands definitely will not offer 3-5x longevity or durability of their uppers vs Stag. What am I missing here? Is it that Stag became more realistic and lowered their prices to compete in the market with Palmetto and Aero? And other aforementioned brands are not willing to cut their profit margins or is there something else? Even if, say Brand X (of the above), have a 2x manufacturing and parts costs over Stag (which I really-really doubt) that would put an M-Lok upper price at around $400-450 tops, not $650.

I might have to re-think my potential purchasing plans and really consider a Stag upper... To some degree I wish I didn't see that price. Now I feel like I'm being taken advantage of if I wanted to buy a more expensive upper...

There are a few things to think about. First and foremost, Stag is offering those as a sale item. Think of it as a loss leader, and the options most people add will gain them money.

Secondly, there is a lot more to think about than simply price and the items looking the same. You can't change that machine time equals costs, as does higher levels of QC.

The largest issue Stag has is that they have zero presence online. They do not promote themselves, or work with others to showcase their items. I know that at one point they had looked at doing it, but it doesn't seem like they ever made the decision to do it. I had lunch with the guys from Stag many years ago at SHOT and they were good people. I think they could do much better than they currently do.
    Stick

Page 61 of 354 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast