Page 94 of 354 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: The GOOD DEALs and INTERESTING find thread!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I guess mine are on the way, so it's a little late to ask. Based on this listing:

Made by Warsport for someone else
    4140CM
    Stress relieved
    No Finish
    16"
    .223 Wylde chamber
    .750 gas block journal
    1:8 twist
    Mid Length Gas Port

I'm assuming the bore isn't CL?
    I'm going to say no...These were apparently built as "precision" rifle barrels to some degree- heavy contour, Wylde Chamber, 1:8 twist and Stress Relieved. I have no real basis for my thought other than the specs listed which are generally associated with precision guns vs. the typical "Chrome Lined Mag Dump" barrels of something like an M4 etc...I guess we'll know for sure in a week or so....

I have a "pieces parts" build already shaping up for this barrel- BCM Blem upper, McCormick flat face trigger, ancient DPMS aluminum Free Float Tube, Palmetto lower, Magpul ACS stock, Palmetto/Toolcraft Nitride bolt. All cast off parts that I already have collecting dust, with the exception of the upper and the bolt. Pretty cheap build....I'll shoot the barrel with a coat of Cerakote and call it good, might even parkerize one as it is generally easier to do and less time consuming....
    Last edited by Esq.; 03-01-19 at 13:05.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I took it that the barrels hadn't been finish contured, probably wrong, though.

Is 4140CM used much in precision barrels?

I was going to use MolyResin on mine and make a couple of FDE and OD to sell at a gun show - I have too many naked uppers and lowers laying around.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    LMT MWS in green. $1799 free ship. Other green offerings available too.

https://lmtdefense.com/?s=blowout2019

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Aim has their Troy sight sale going on again. Front and rear for $109 - https://aimsurplus.com/troy-industri...eid=2bc94cda62

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Is 4140CM used much in precision barrels?
    I'm picking up a few, I build up so many uppers for pictures that not every barrel needs to be top of the line. The quality of the time on machine is more important to me than the material. Not saying material isn't important, just that for this deal I'm not worried myself.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'm picking up a few, I build up so many uppers for pictures.
    What do you do with the stuff when you are done?

Do you just keep items and use a lego-set type approach to showcase what you are taking the photos for?

I've never thought much about the process.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What do you do with the stuff when you are done?

Do you just keep items and use a lego-set type approach to showcase what you are taking the photos for?

I've never thought much about the process.
    It depends on a lot of factors, some things like barrels and BCGs are always needed, other things like optics are getting swapped around on a very regular basis. A lot of things are sent to us just for us to have a working knowledge of, others are sent with a request to throw it in pics if possible, much of the time things just show up with no warning, no info inside, no phone call, no text, and just the knowledge that if they send stuff, it will appear in pictures.

There are also regular people who send me stuff just because they like certain things, and think it would be cool to see it in pics. When things are sent, they are sorted and stocked into catagories. Optics go into an optic cabinet, and they are placed on whatever shelf they belong on for magnified, RDO, etc.. Knives go into one of a few different containers depending on military, fixed, folder, and in some cases who made them. Mounts are broken down into scope, RDO, lights, etc.. Rails have both cabinets and shelves. Armor, LBE, and LBVs have heavy duty shelving. Clothing, primarily jackets and outerwear has their own places to hang, and are coordinated by color.

There are times we have things we no longer need, and those things go to LE or MIL guys who can’t afford to buy Gucci gear, or who need help.

On my iPad, sorry for any typos.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    I bought 6....for less than the price of one at their original cost. I'll wait a bit, turn one and have zero in the rest....
    If you, or anyone else has one they want to part with, please let me know. I’m sure I have something to retrace to make it worth your time. I’m interested in a few different aspects of that barrel.

If not, no hard feelings to anyone.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Stripped BCM upper receivers for $60. Includes dust cover and forward assist parts (assembly required). The description states that they are demo uppers and that all or most will contain scratches, but the one I received was flawless. A little GSR, but even the brass deflector was immaculate.

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...-m4%20demo.htm

ETA this will be the most expensive $71 (shipping & tax) I’ve ever spent because what was intended to be spare parts will now inevitably become a build.
    Last edited by MWAG19919; 03-04-19 at 10:09.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I would avoid buying this upper. Good deal, but I purchased it once and it had a large patch of pretty bad anodizing. I wouldn't mind a few small scratches, specs, or laser markings not perfect, but such a bad anodizing job should not even been sold IMO. Blems are not returnable and with BCM's customer service I didn't even try to get this resolved with them. I knew the answer I would get from them. You can get a new BCM upper on sale typically around $100 with shipping which is only a few dollars more expensive. This is a part which is not often changed and needs to be good from the start. If you're trying to save some money look at Brownells or Aero precision uppers - around $60 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    Stripped BCM upper receivers for $60. Includes dust cover and forward assist parts (assembly required). The description states that they are demo uppers and that all or most will contain scratches, but the one I received was flawless. A little GSR, but even the brass deflector was immaculate.

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...-m4%20demo.htm

ETA this will be the most expensive $71 (shipping & tax) I’ve ever spent because what was intended to be spare parts will now inevitably become a build.

Page 94 of 354 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast