Page 95 of 354 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: The GOOD DEALs and INTERESTING find thread!

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    I would avoid buying this upper. Good deal, but I purchased it once and it had a large patch of pretty bad anodizing. I wouldn't mind a few small scratches, specs, or laser markings not perfect, but such a bad anodizing job should not even been sold IMO. Blems are not returnable and with BCM's customer service I didn't even try to get this resolved with them. I knew the answer I would get from them. You can get a new BCM upper on sale typically around $100 with shipping which is only a few dollars more expensive. This is a part which is not often changed and needs to be good from the start. If you're trying to save some money look at Brownells or Aero precision uppers - around $60 shipped.
    It's hit or miss. I have purchased several that have no flaws and others that have scratches. If you're looking for an in-spec upper and don't care what it looks like it's a deal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would avoid buying this upper. Good deal, but I purchased it once and it had a large patch of pretty bad anodizing. I wouldn't mind a few small scratches, specs, or laser markings not perfect, but such a bad anodizing job should not even been sold IMO. Blems are not returnable and with BCM's customer service I didn't even try to get this resolved with them. I knew the answer I would get from them. You can get a new BCM upper on sale typically around $100 with shipping which is only a few dollars more expensive. This is a part which is not often changed and needs to be good from the start. If you're trying to save some money look at Brownells or Aero precision uppers - around $60 shipped.
    Not disputing your experience, but mine was in better condition than the new DD MK18 upper I purchased from Brownell’s or the SOCOM upper I got from Grant. It was literally in like new condition. I guess it’s luck of the draw.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ignore
    Last edited by MWAG19919; 03-04-19 at 13:46. Reason: Double post

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    Not disputing your experience, but mine was in better condition than the new DD MK18 upper I purchased from Brownell’s or the SOCOM upper I got from Grant. It was literally in like new condition. I guess it’s luck of the draw.
    Reviews similar to your experience is exactly the reason why I decided to buy one. Heard of all the positive reviews. Unfortunately, was not the case for me. Sold mine at a slight loss and shipping charges and decided I'll never again play the "Blem" game with BCM or any other manufacturer. I'm sure some are okay, but at least for me it's simply not worth the risk, time, or the hassle over $20 (basically two mags of ammo) for the part which will last for a long time. Bought a new BCM upper afterwards from Brownells and never had an issue. New upper was perfect though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    This was my experience as well, purchasing two over a pretty wide time span.

You can get a new BCM upper on sale typically around $100 with shipping which is only a few dollars more expensive. This is a part which is not often changed and needs to be good from the start. If you're trying to save some money look at Brownells or Aero precision uppers - around $60 shipped.
    You also have to factor in the parts that are included, which generally run $25ish by themselves. You're really saving $50-70 on the deal, and for a beater rifle with function over form as a goal, it's still a good deal worth considering.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Reviews similar to your experience is exactly the reason why I decided to buy one. Heard of all the positive reviews. Unfortunately, was not the case for me. Sold mine at a slight loss and shipping charges and decided I'll never again play the "Blem" game with BCM or any other manufacturer. I'm sure some are okay, but at least for me it's simply not worth the risk, time, or the hassle over $20 (basically two mags of ammo) for the part which will last for a long time. Bought a new BCM upper afterwards from Brownells and never had an issue. New upper was perfect though.
    I've used over a dozen now, I'm willing to roll the dice.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I've used over a dozen now, I'm willing to roll the dice.
    I never knew you were a Marine.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    https://www.peacegeek.net/product-p/ws-00268.htm

All the old WarSport Industries inventory is on a fire sale. $25.00 barrels...

There’s other unbelievable prices as well on the WS products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Just tried to order one, looks to be out of stock now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I never knew you were a Marine.
    Yep, actually a pretty serious one, the only reason I didn't make it a career was because I figured I'd be going to Oki next and didn't want to be separated from my 1 year-old son. I totally bought into the program from day one.

When I got out the closest Marine Corps Reserve unit was 100 miles away. It was a tent repair outfit, so I joined the Army Reserve and ended up in a Pathfinder Platoon, which was a great place to be.

In terms of rolling the dice, I've had a lot of fun over the years.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 03-05-19 at 11:56.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    It's hit or miss. I have purchased several that have no flaws and others that have scratches. If you're looking for an in-spec upper and don't care what it looks like it's a deal.
    I've bought two and both were very good values for the money I felt. The only issue I had was the C Clip for the dust cover rod would not go on the rod. It was not sized properly or simply a POS...... I pulled one out of my stash of spare parts and it went right on so I know it wasn't my technique etc.....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Page 95 of 354 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast