Page 96 of 354 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: The GOOD DEALs and INTERESTING find thread!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Wow. Maybe this should be the new default suggestion for a first AR instead of the 6920.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Wow. Maybe this should be the new default suggestion for a first AR instead of the 6920.
    I’ve read all 30+ pages of THAT thread and didn’t want to go there...

One thing about this deal is the seller listing says it includes the adjustable rear sight but LMT’s webpage for the SPM16 doesn’t mention it. Those are $150 bombproof rear sights!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    Reviews similar to your experience is exactly the reason why I decided to buy one. Heard of all the positive reviews. Unfortunately, was not the case for me. Sold mine at a slight loss and shipping charges and decided I'll never again play the "Blem" game with BCM or any other manufacturer. I'm sure some are okay, but at least for me it's simply not worth the risk, time, or the hassle over $20 (basically two mags of ammo) for the part which will last for a long time. Bought a new BCM upper afterwards from Brownells and never had an issue. New upper was perfect though.
    I think you showcase a VERY important point. Blemishes are NOT being sold because a company wants to clear them out and make money. They are being sold because there is an actual blemish that was found by QC. Like Sheri commented to me when she was the GM of Noveske, it sucks selling blemishes because you are still losing money. You purchased (as a company) items that were defective, and since they can't be sold as regular items, they are sold as blemishes. It sucks for a manufacturer.

Noveske did not make their forged upper receiver in house, so they would get stuck with blems, then have to laser a chainsaw onto the item, and then sell it. BCM has most of their production in house, though I can't vouch for everything as I don't know it all. I do know that the QC which BCM conducts is second to none. I am not shocked at all by them kicking out items for anodizing flaws. Just think of all the things they throw out because they won't let it get sold under their name.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Does the QC person have a strict set of guidelines to follow? new/ blem/ discard? Do the discards get sold as scrap metal? Discarding a part must be painful. Do some other wise discarded parts go to a lower tier company?
    Last edited by Pi3; 03-05-19 at 18:36.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Does the QC person have a strict set of guidelines to follow? new/ blem/ discard? Do the discards get sold as scrap metal? Discarding a part must be painful. Do some other wise discarded parts go to a lower tier company?
    The person conducting QC has a rigid go or no go order. It either passes or it does not. In some cases metals are recycled. There are companies that buy rejected parts, but who sells them, and what standards they do or don't meet is a different story. To the best of my knowledge, BCM does not pass along failed QC parts to other vendors.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Also, BCM has a tighter fit for the barrel, and they also mill the 'BCM4' on the front of the receiver, so that would be hard to pass down to another company. I'm sure BCM doesn't want bottom feeder companies using parts identifiable as coming from BCM.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Euro Optic is having sale on Sig laser range finders

https://www.eurooptic.com/optics/ran...&p=1&i=48&d=48
    Last edited by titsonritz; 03-07-19 at 18:17.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Holy crap. Is that legit?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Holy crap. Is that legit?
    I dunno, they also had LMT 2-stage triggers for $100, but those sold out.

Page 96 of 354 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast