Thread: Accuracy experience with KAK 7.62x39 barrels??

Feedback Score

Accuracy experience with KAK 7.62x39 barrels??

I am considering buying one of KAK's 7.62x39 barrels. Do any of you have any direct knowledge of how accurate KAK x39 barrels are with both American brass case and Russian steel case ammo?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sounds like no one here knows ...

That said, they're using Green Mountain barrels to start with, so that's good. FWIW I built a -39mm AR using an HBAR profile barrel marked ARD and while allegedly a cheap barrel, the results are great. I use it for deer hunting, and even bulk softpoint ammo (steel cased) will be 1 MOA to 1-1/2 MOA to 200-yds, getting to < 1 MOA whilst using premium PMC softpoints.

My barrel wears a JP Ent adj gas port and it tuned up really well. Even all the empties will land in a 2' circle at 4 o'clk from the shooter.

KAK offers a mid-length gas system 18" barrel ... to me, that seems to be the barrel to get and should lessen any concerns on the bolt life (which the tune port will help too).

Best that I can offer ...
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!