Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ACR/Masada update?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bushmaster/Remington is making a smart move, with the election of Obama it is not prudent, in a business sense, to tool up for the production of this rifle. Imagine the costs associate with getting the rifle to production and then having a ban enacted two weeks before product release. A non-political excuse (the M4 replacement smoke screen) to push production indefinitely makes sense financially.

Cameron

Feedback Score

Hope Not......

Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    I called Bushmaster as I wanted to hear it straight from the horses mouth. The civilian release has been pushed back to late 2009, early 2010. I hate to be a pessimist, but I think this marks the end of hope of a civilian Masada.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to take some more percoset and cry in the corner.

Wow, you might be right, but let's hope not.
    David

~I have drawn inspiration from the Marine Corps, the Jewish struggle in Palestine and Israel, and the Irish.
    Leon Uris

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Question

From another site! Doesn't sound good.

For public release 11/18/2008.
    The following is a joint statement from both Magpul and Bushmaster.

“The ACR is being redesigned to be a superior offering to compete for the next generation US Army infantry carbine and subcompact weapon requirement and will be available to select customers in 2009.”

http://www.bushmaster.com/acr_update.asp
    Last edited by recon; 11-19-08 at 22:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    From another site! Doesn't sound good.

For public release 11/18/2008.
    The following is a joint statement from both Magpul and Bushmaster.

“The ACR is being redesigned to be a superior offering to compete for the next generation US Army infantry carbine and subcompact weapon requirement and will be available to select customers in 2009.”

http://www.bushmaster.com/acr_update.asp
    Well Bushmaster says Q1 2009 which is first quarter of 2009 which starts in January so we are not far off. Even if it is in March we are only a few months away from seeing them ship. The biggest issue will be getting one. I am sure the first few months of production are already spoken for.

I really want one BUT I will have to question spending the 2k they will probably be on the streets for when I can buy another LMT piston etc. I also have to wonder if they get banned with only a year or so of production out there how will be getting parts? I am sure it would be like the Sig 551 that everyone wants but only few have because so few exist. The increase in value is nice but only if you want to sell it. If it is as great as I hope it is I can not imagine wanting to sell it, especially if a AWB is in place.

Lets hope they hit the market, are affordable and a ban does not go into place. If all the worlds come together I sure will have one in the safe.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RWK View Post
    How could it be the end when there never was a beginning? Until it hits the streets it's just vaporware -- kind of like the Magpul lower, come to think of it...
    Shun the non-believer. Shuuuuunnnnn!!!!
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12