Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suppressor decision... Omega .300 vs Saker ASR 556K

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    I'll likely just get the suppressor, and leave the possibility of converting open for later. I'm in no rush got that.

So I'm about 80% decided on the Omega .300. The one thing that has me hesitating is that it'll cost me $235 more than the Saker, with similar usefulness (just not on 7.62).
    Anyone have a photo comparing the Omega with ASR mount and flat end cap to the Saker ASR 556K?
    I lined up the omega, saker and saker k on the table when deciding. The omega without the brake endcap and the saker I are very very close size. Probably less than a quarter inch different in length. You can barely see the omegas girth compared to the saker k. It was so close in length that I really don’t remember which was the longer. The similarity in size was the reason I went saker k.

And push your dealer on pricing. Mine gave me $40 below the speq pricing so I got the Saker K for $530. You might make out better than you think.
    Last edited by ggammell; 10-08-17 at 06:36. Reason: Just wrong
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Anyone have a photo comparing the Omega with ASR mount and flat end cap to the Saker ASR 556K?
    A similar question was asked on the other site. Hansohn Brothers obliged with a nice pic and a few details. Below is their response, no credit to me:

------------------------------

The Saker 556K ASR is 1.15" shorter than the Omega with flat front cap and ASR at 5.75"

Width: Saker 556K ASR is 1.45" at the muzzle, Omega is 1.55" at the muzzle
    Weight: Saker 556K ASR is 15.6 oz. Omega is 15.1 oz. with 5.56mm front cap

(The 556K ASR mount is longer at 1.07". The Omega ASR mount is .82")

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Well f me. Sorry for that.

I must have been thinking if the skull size saker and omega. That’s the only reason I can think of for being that wrong.
    Last edited by ggammell; 10-08-17 at 06:37.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Well f me. Sorry for that.

I must have been thinking if the skull size saker and omega. That’s the only reason I can think of for being that wrong.
    Dude, my post was definitely not intended to be a "gotcha!" The information out there was confusing to me when I was trying to decide whether or not to add a 556K before taking delivery of my Omega 300. The best I could come up with when comparing the specs of each on SiCo's website was a 0.40" difference in length (which would not have been worth it to me).

It's tough because the Omega comes with that Anchor Brake on the end, so the site's measurements are based on that and on the direct thread mount (I believe). So trying to subtract the length of the Anchor Brake and add the length of the ASR mount led to a bit of a guess as to the Omega's overall length (since I didn't have one in hand yet). Someone posted the question about having the two cans side-by-side with both the ASR and the flat cap installed (best apples to apples comparison between the two). I was happy that Hansohn took the time to photograph them together. That pushed me over the edge to buying the 556K (still in jail).

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    No worries man. Glad the right info came out. I wanted to own up to being wrong in my post.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Dude, my post was definitely not intended to be a "gotcha!" The information out there was confusing to me when I was trying to decide whether or not to add a 556K before taking delivery of my Omega 300. The best I could come up with when comparing the specs of each on SiCo's website was a 0.40" difference in length (which would not have been worth it to me).

It's tough because the Omega comes with that Anchor Brake on the end, so the site's measurements are based on that and on the direct thread mount (I believe). So trying to subtract the length of the Anchor Brake and add the length of the ASR mount led to a bit of a guess as to the Omega's overall length (since I didn't have one in hand yet). Someone posted the question about having the two cans side-by-side with both the ASR and the flat cap installed (best apples to apples comparison between the two). I was happy that Hansohn took the time to photograph them together. That pushed me over the edge to buying the 556K (still in jail).
    My Specwar 556 may be more gassy than my Saker 7.62 (which i can, and do, control via the gas system), but I've repeatedly been accused of shooting low power supersonic 300 black, my 11.5" is that quiet. And this, by owners of suppressed 300 BO rigs.

You won't regret the dedicated 5.56 can.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been on the fence about switching to Key-mo. I didn't have any issues with the ASR until last time I was out. I went to unscrew the can from the rifle and I noticed the lock collar was skipping teeth. The latch only 90 percent engaged. I normally check it, but who knows. User error?

The Keymo mount looks so much more secure and user friendly. Stomaching all that cash will be hard though.

Feedback Score
    I doubt you’d be disappointed with either one, however...

I use a SpecWar K on my duty SBR for now. I might switch it out with the Saker ASR K (which will be a little louder) I’m waiting on, to save a little length. Though I’m also waiting on a Sandman K which may ultimately end up on it. I have quite a few other cans that suppress better, but getting in and out of a patrol unit, clearing, etc. shorter and more maneuverable wins for me.

I.e. I’d go with the Saker K first if those are your choices. That 1” plus is noticeable when you stick it on an AR and try to get it in and out of a gun rack.

I’d also recommend switching out to Key-mo mounts. When it’s all said and done only my SpecWar K will have the ASR mount. Since it can’t be changed. I haven’t had any issue with it, but Rugged greatly improved the ASR style mount, and Dead Air the Trifecta.

Considering that I already have Trifecta ASR mounts on 4 rifles, I'm not really interested in buying all new muzzle devices.
    Do you have the Trifecta or the ASR mounts? Two different things. If you have the Trifecta, SiCo might swap them out for the ASR. Then you could sell them.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck TX View Post
    I doubt you’d be disappointed with either one, however...

I use a SpecWar K on my duty SBR for now. I might switch it out with the Saker ASR K (which will be a little louder) I’m waiting on, to save a little length. Though I’m also waiting on a Sandman K which may ultimately end up on it. I have quite a few other cans that suppress better, but getting in and out of a patrol unit, clearing, etc. shorter and more maneuverable wins for me.

I.e. I’d go with the Saker K first if those are your choices. That 1” plus is noticeable when you stick it on an AR and try to get it in and out of a gun rack.

I’d also recommend switching out to Key-mo mounts. When it’s all said and done only my SpecWar K will have the ASR mount. Since it can’t be changed. I haven’t had any issue with it, but Rugged greatly improved the ASR style mount, and Dead Air the Trifecta.

Do you have the Trifecta or the ASR mounts? Two different things. If you have the Trifecta, SiCo might swap them out for the ASR. Then you could sell them.
    I have ASR mounts, with the teeth. They're all considered Trifecta mounts, that's SilencerCo's name for the series.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I went with the Omega and will probably buy a second one over a 5.56 can. Both myself and a good friend have shot the snot out of both on ASR mounts and have never had a failure of any kind.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast