Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Benchmark Times to Shoot For With Your AR15 - An M4C Collaboration Project

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If it gets stickied, everyone will just scroll past it like the rest of the stickies.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    If it gets stickied, everyone will just scroll past it like the rest of the stickies.
    This.

Just go shoot, guys.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Shot the mnq for the first time yesterday. Had good runs standing and kneeling but had a heck of a time prone. Shooting a 1-6 and could not get a good position. Kept losing the reticle. I know where to practice.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Today's mediocre results on the MNQ using Jeff Gonzales' scoring method of 2 pts for every sec over 24 and 5 for every thing out of the 8 ring...

No clean quals today...

16" mid Sionics with Steiner 1x4 on 4X
    1-38.43", 1 miss = 31
    2-36.52, 2 miss = 32
    3-35.50, 5 miss = DNQ (47)

6920 with T-1 RDS
    1-36.50", 4 miss = DNQ (44)
    2-33.09", 2 miss = 28

Definitely gotta work on standing and kneeling and the transition between the two.

Interesting that my best run was with the T-1 not the the Steiner. Almost 100 degrees in the Republic today, and my glasses were fogging from the heat and sweat, so that might have contributed to the better result using the T1, not sure. The reticle on the Steiner was getting blurry by the third run.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    This.

Just go shoot, guys.
    Yup thats my plan, at 71 and a few replacement parts it's my game, and bad news for the bad guys. Range time today.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    . Almost 100 degrees in the Republic today, and my glasses were fogging from the heat and sweat, so that might have contributed to the better result using the T1, not sure. The reticle on the Steiner was getting blurry by the third run.
    I hate that. I keep a microfiber in my bag to wipe my forehead and glasses down. Sometimes the sweat is so bad it drips on to my eye pro. I need a sweatband like an 80s pop star!

Also, don’t forget the MNQ is only one drill in the toolbox. You might shoot it better with the T1 but how do you think you’d compare between that and the Steiner if you were shooting 8” gongs at 300y?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I hate that. I keep a microfiber in my bag to wipe my forehead and glasses down. Sometimes the sweat is so bad it drips on to my eye pro. I need a sweatband like an 80s pop star!

Also, don’t forget the MNQ is only one drill in the toolbox. You might shoot it better with the T1 but how do you think you’d compare between that and the Steiner if you were shooting 8” gongs at 300y?
    We did other drills yesterday. Different targets at different ranges and moving. I think he did better with his Steiner then his reflex sights.

And it was HOT......... VERY HOT.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

Microfiber cloth is a really good idea. Simple. No doubt about using a T1 on a 8” gong at 300 yds, I wouldn’t be able to see the gong at 300.

LPV is a must (for me anyway) for targets beyond 100 yards. I was out yesterday and we were running some drills engaging multiple targets (C Zone steels) at different distances. It was all within 50 yds, but if it was much beyond that, the LPV would be really start to outshine the EO Tech, as magnification would be needed just to identify the targets.

The other shooter, who was also running an LPV, mentioned the target acquiring speed with the EO Tech at our distance. We discussed doing a similar drill at 100 or greater and how the LPV would overtake the dot sight. I think if we try this drill at 100 or greater, we’ll add some no shoots too, so target identification becomes an issue.

As we progressed through the drills, incorporating moving to different shooting locations, and using representative cover, I began to miss the hits. The added problem solving of moving, re-acquiring, changing mags, and increasing heart rate impacted my performance. This just comes back full circle to the MNQ, as it does works on all but the moving part.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good thread! I’m gonna have to try some of these to add some spice up to my range time.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the good information and how to train videos.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast