Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Benchmark Times to Shoot For With Your AR15 - An M4C Collaboration Project

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Been incorporating the MNQ to the regimen lately. Gettin' better. I've run it with an 11.5 w/RDS, and an 18" w/ LPV. So far, best run has been with the long gun, 30.72 w/ 3 misses.

Gettin' there. I admit it's tougher than you think!

Feedback Score
    Been hammering the MNQ drill A LOT lately. Best run so far has been 28 seconds with no misses... That should be a +6
    It was done with a DD 16 inch bbl and an EO tech EXPS2. For me, this is faster than a 1-6 LPV scope.
    It’s a humbling drill. The hardest part for me was kneeling.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It is humbling, as it looks easy on paper.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks the kneeling is the toughest. Done alot of shooting standing, and alot from the prone. Seems tough to get into a good kneeling position quickly.

So that drill tells me to work on that particular thing. Win.

I also shoot El Pres with carbine and rifle. I can usually do it clean in the 10-11 sec range. Workin' on that too.

Feedback Score
    If your range doesn’t allow these types of drills I suggest you find a 3gun competition in your area. You might not have a benchmark time for the drills , but at least you’ll be out moving and shooting. Static square ranges will only get you so far.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Forgot about this thread. Next range trip I'll be giving the MNQ another go. May even try it at 25 yards with a 4" bullseye for S&G's.

Feedback Score
    Took my 15 yo son and 9 yo daughter to the range. I Function checked an AR that I should have never fooled with, and it is running.

I did the MNQ with a score of 37 (not my best)and let my son and daughter take it from there. He proceeded to run the MNQ and had 3 out of five scores under 40, and a best of 32. My daughter learned how to shoot prone and had about 10 head shots out of 15 rounds at the 50 yard mark. Color me impressed, and she wanted to do the MNQ too... She’s obviously not ready for that, but she loves to shoot. I know, she didn’t run a drill, I just had to tell someone.

It was a good day.

Stay Safe
    Last edited by rvanno; 03-29-20 at 18:23. Reason: Grammar

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rvanno View Post
    Took my 15 yo son and 9 yo daughter to the range. I Function checked an AR that I should have never fooled with, and it is running.

I did the MNQ with a score of 37 (not my best)and let my son and daughter take it from there. He proceeded to run the MNQ and had 3 out of five scores under 40, and a best of 32. My daughter learned how to shoot prone and had about 10 head shots out of 15 rounds at the 50 yard mark. Color me impressed, and she wanted to do the MNQ too... She’s obviously not ready for that, but she loves to shoot. I know, she didn’t run a drill, I just had to tell someone.

It was a good day.

Stay Safe
    I think that's a great range story all around, and more positive than most of what's being put on M4c right now.

I understand this thread is not for that, but I still appreciate reading your post and I am glad you had some good Family bonding time over something you all love.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Here's my observation:

-You live and die by reloads.
    -Every position change means you are for a moment taking your eye off the ball
    -Trigger control and posture counts

These are such easy, elementary, week 1 day 1 concepts but when rubber meets the road become all the more humbling.

A lot of youtube people try to come up with gunkata and sit ups while shooting an AK or other theatrics but at days end....

It all boils down to refined fundamentals.
    And shooting really is a perishable skill.
    ^This^
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Great thread with some neat info. BTW, can someone post the MNQ?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Found it

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415