Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Benchmark Times to Shoot For With Your AR15 - An M4C Collaboration Project

Feedback Score
    reread the OP, waiting on approval
    Last edited by Retarius; 04-02-18 at 09:21. Reason: waiting on approval

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    In keeping with the shoot more, buy less theme, thought this thread should be resurrected...

A friend and i were shooting some short range (7 yds, 15 yds and 25 yds) drills today working on offset and recoil management. We were going for 5 shot groups all inside the index card as fast as could be shot clean. My results were less than optimum on keeping them all in.

Attachment 56877

Slowing down a bit helped a little, but I still found it difficult to get a 5 shot group into the index card in sub 4 seconds. Shooting from the low ready, 11.5 w/suppressor and EXPS2 sight. How do i get it tighter at that speed? I've been working on gripping the hell out of the rifle with support hand, pulling tight into the shoulder pocket.

Next outing we're gonna shoot that damn Modified Navy Qual again too...haven't shot that in a while!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    4 seconds at what range?

FWIW I’ve found my splits slower with a suppressor. The added weight and gas face is not conducive to speed.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    4 seconds at what range?

FWIW I’ve found my splits slower with a suppressor. The added weight and gas face is not conducive to speed.
    7 yds and 12 yds. We also shot this standard from 25 yds,but at 25 we were more in the 5-6 second range

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Noonesshowmonkey, DocSherm, RobertTheTexan and I shot the MNQ together last weekend.

Using a LPVO on my 12.5” my best score was a 2. I had a clean shoot in 25.93 seconds. For comparison I was using a 11.5” with a T1 in the OP. Both had PEQs and were unsuppressed.

I was impressed, and think the 1-6/1-8 shift away from red dots is a really good thing for SBRs. I will be swapping out my 1-6 Poortex with a 1-8 NF ATACR. I think the reticle is more conducive to speed and the FFP nature of it better for holds. It’s also 6oz lighter and smaller.

I would like to do Drill #2 from the OP with a LPVO for a solid comparison sometime soon.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 06-26-19 at 13:01.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    In keeping with the shoot more, buy less theme, thought this thread should be resurrected...

A friend and i were shooting some short range (7 yds, 15 yds and 25 yds) drills today working on offset and recoil management. We were going for 5 shot groups all inside the index card as fast as could be shot clean. My results were less than optimum on keeping them all in.

Attachment 56877

Slowing down a bit helped a little, but I still found it difficult to get a 5 shot group into the index card in sub 4 seconds. Shooting from the low ready, 11.5 w/suppressor and EXPS2 sight. How do i get it tighter at that speed? I've been working on gripping the hell out of the rifle with support hand, pulling tight into the shoulder pocket.

Next outing we're gonna shoot that damn Modified Navy Qual again too...haven't shot that in a while!
    My input;
    Shot to shot cadence/speed “takes what it takes” to get hits.

Trim time where you can.
    First shot speed is critical on this type of drill.
    Use a VFG or KAG if you’re not. Support hand is a big part of the equation shooting at speed.

What are your splits averaging at 5, 10, whatever?
    Start with stock in the pocket so no adjustment is necessary, other than bringing optic/sights to your face and pressing trigger.
    Dry fire practice mounting and breaking shot helps me groove in muscle memory for quicker first shot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    um I shot it too, I just kinda monkey stumped it and was too lameass to retry it. Its a deceptive course of fire that seems easy but can be a challemnge. I just didnt like the poortex. That dot isnt daytime bright enough forcme or I shoulda worn my glasses one

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    um I shot it too, I just kinda monkey stumped it and was too lameass to retry it. Its a deceptive course of fire that seems easy but can be a challemnge. I just didnt like the poortex. That dot isnt daytime bright enough forcme or I shoulda worn my glasses one
    I deliberately didn’t include you. 50y for you is like two or three steps. Giants shoot at 100y.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I deliberately didn’t include you. 50y for you is like two or three steps. Giants shoot at 100y.

No, it was 4 steps.....LOLOLOLOL
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Bumping this thread up.

Shot the Modified Navy Qual in 21.33 clean for a -3 score. That is a deceptively difficult drill, as on paper it’s rather underwhelming but that’s a surprising amount of work done in 25 seconds.

How are the other members doing? Anyone got any benchmarks for us to shoot for?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast