Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking For Laser Sight For My Colt LE6920 mps-b?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For a visible laser I really like my Crimson Trace CMR206 green laser. I have it on a M&P 15-22 and use it on armadillos, skunks, etc at night. Seems to be excellent quality, Long battery life for a green laser, easily accessible battery, ambi - paddle switches, and has plenty of windage / elevation which some don't. I also have a LaserMax on a 10/22 (made specifically for the 10/22). Same role, red, and it too has been excellent. Had it now about 3-4 years. I have another green which is integrated into a red dot on an AR. It's too bulky and heavy for this discussion. Though it too is a good laser. Of course you need to compensate for assorted distances but once zeroed, they're great. One of the qualities I most like is no having to take aim in the conventional sense. The target cares less how the dot makes it to it. Based on a few factors with your intended purpose, I'd recommend a red laser.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    I have another green which is integrated into a red dot on an AR. It's too bulky and heavy for this discussion. Though it too is a good laser.
    I doubt it. Though I guess good is subjective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I doubt it. Though I guess good is subjective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Give me your expertise on lasers. Another internet intellectual I'd say.

Feedback Score
    I really don't want to add any weight. What about a TLR-2?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Give me your expertise on lasers. Another internet intellectual I'd say.
    What is "good"? Good for plinking? Good for duty use?

How well does the red dot hold zero? How about the laser component? How is return to zero? Battery life? Switchology? Operating temperatures? Overall durability? Etc.

"Good enough" ain't the same as "good". An NcSTAR Micro red dot might be good enough for a gun that's going to sit in the closet and not see any real use or environmental changes, but that doesn't make it a good optic. The fact that there are no notable laser/optic combos out there with green lasers is probably an obvious sign, and the fact that no major units use combination units (e.g., EOTech laser battery cap, Mepro MOR, Aimpoint LPI, etc.), but instead opt for stand-alone units, says a lot, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.545 x .39 View Post
    Will it work? Yes. Will it work well? Eh. The paddles aren't true ambi, since they do different things depending on which side you hit, but it's not terrible for a 1200 position, depending on your shooting style; this can be alleviated to a certain extent with tape switches, but that adds cost and reduces durability. But the laser module might cause obstruction of the red dot window; while some models of the TLR-2 have the laser output go through the light lens window (the newer green variants do that), which helps minimize offset, they all have that hump. Also, the mounting system simply doesn't lend itself to durability, as it sits exposed without any support.

It's not a terrible choice, it's just that as previously stated, there really aren't very many good visible only choices in the long gun realm.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 10-08-17 at 16:46.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    A lot if guys with money have that Steiner laser that goes on near the optic. Price is very expensive. I'm not sure if its the civilian DBal or what.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.545 x .39 View Post
    Yeah, I've done that. No. It is a neat idea until you spend some time behind it and then you realize that it isn't really worth the hassle.

Fun as hell though. But, the off set, for there is going to be offset with the laser on the TLR2, makes it useful only at certain ranges, depending on your zero, and from a practical aspect it is only really going to work at 6 o'clock since at least the offset is straight up and down, and not at some odd position/angle.

If you are thinking close range flash sight picture engagements, honestly, a good flashlight that the center of the hotspot is where your POI is is probably just as useful. At close range you are probably going to be point shooting anyway, I've personally taken lunch money from guys doing contact drills with a Glock with just night sights who had guns running lasers who were slower on target looking for that laser. At range, you're using the sights anyway. Also, something else to consider, since I am sure that there are those who will bring this up, lasers being used to aim in unconventional or awkward positions, I don't buy the usefulness, honestly, due to the fact you still have to manage to pick up the laser and with no stress that isn't exactly fast, under stress...... might work for some, but on a long gun a visible laser isn't something I get the as being a huge concern or desire. IR lasers with NODs are a different story.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Yeah, I've done that. No. It is a neat idea until you spend some time behind it and then you realize that it isn't really worth the hassle.

Fun as hell though. But, the off set, for there is going to be offset with the laser on the TLR2, makes it useful only at certain ranges, depending on your zero, and from a practical aspect it is only really going to work at 6 o'clock since at least the offset is straight up and down, and not at some odd position/angle.

If you are thinking close range flash sight picture engagements, honestly, a good flashlight that the center of the hotspot is where your POI is is probably just as useful. At close range you are probably going to be point shooting anyway, I've personally taken lunch money from guys doing contact drills with a Glock with just night sights who had guns running lasers who were slower on target looking for that laser. At range, you're using the sights anyway. Also, something else to consider, since I am sure that there are those who will bring this up, lasers being used to aim in unconventional or awkward positions, I don't buy the usefulness, honestly, due to the fact you still have to manage to pick up the laser and with no stress that isn't exactly fast, under stress...... might work for some, but on a long gun a visible laser isn't something I get the as being a huge concern or desire. IR lasers with NODs are a different story.
    Yeah I may just add a light and go by the beam of the light. What light gives a good solid beam to pull the trigger and hit the target with? I'd like to mount the light at 6 oclock but it prevents me from putting the mvg grip on.my Colt LE6920 Magpul.

Feedback Score
    OK so maybe I'm looking for a tight pattern light to attatch at the 6 O'clock position.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd honestly avoid 6 o'clock mounting of a light unless there were no other options, the spot where the light is going to shadow is going to be more in your line of sight than pretty much anywhere else. A decent light/mount even with a MOE or Mlok Magpul handguard will put the light at a more ergonomic position and closer or at least similarly inline with the bore, and where the hotspot of a decent light close to POA/POI, at least in my experience.

Here is a pic of a Scout light, an G2X tactical can be easily substituted, in an IWC mount on an MOE handguard.

I can activate with my thumb, where the light is, be it with the Scout, or a G2X the position is the same, it is within a combat shot on a man at house clearing distances. The Scout has a tighter beam, the G2X is more even, but the point remains. A laser, even if in the middle of the light wouldn't be much of an advantage in my opinion, or with my use. Caveat being not using NODs, of course. You also have the mossie Midnight mount, which they are doing a new run of, may or may not be out now, that you could mount a TLR1, X300, or possible your TLR2 should you choose, in front of the FSB, some do like that, it would be up to you.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast