Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking For Laser Sight For My Colt LE6920 mps-b?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    I'd honestly avoid 6 o'clock mounting of a light unless there were no other options, the spot where the light is going to shadow is going to be more in your line of sight than pretty much anywhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Long story short, there are no recommended visible-only long-gun-oriented lasers.
    Wolf.545x.39, these were not the answers you were looking for, but they are the answers nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.545 x .39 View Post
    Yeah I'm new to the AR15 and I know accuracy us king. I buying more 30 round nags for political purposes but I load about half of them. I want to get about a thousabdcriunds of quality ammo and the n will be getting training ammo. The AR15 should be no problem for me because I've had an AK74 for over 10 years. Both have little recoil.
    You should throw on a DD fixed rear sight for that great rifle you have and start doing drills listed here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ration-Project

Once you start shooting and moving you'll realize what you need and what you don't. I promise a laser is the latter.

Feedback Score
    I'd honestly avoid 6 o'clock mounting of a light unless there were no other options, the spot where the light is going to shadow is going to be more in your line of sight than pretty much anywhere else. A decent light/mount even with a MOE or Mlok Magpul handguard will put the light at a more ergonomic position and closer or at least similarly inline with the bore, and where the hotspot of a decent light close to POA/POI, at least in my experience.

Here is a pic of a Scout light, an G2X tactical can be easily substituted, in an IWC mount on an MOE handguard.

I can activate with my thumb, where the light is, be it with the Scout, or a G2X the position is the same, it is within a combat shot on a man at house clearing distances. The Scout has a tighter beam, the G2X is more even, but the point remains. A laser, even if in the middle of the light wouldn't be much of an advantage in my opinion, or with my use. Caveat being not using NODs, of course. You also have the mossie Midnight mount, which they are doing a new run of, may or may not be out now, that you could mount a TLR1, X300, or possible your TLR2 should you choose, in front of the FSB, some do like that, it would be up to you.
    I like where you mounted the light. I have the same rail with mlok attachments. Is that the regular Scout light or mini Scout? I think I may get exactly what you have in the picture.
    Last edited by Wolf.545 x .39; 10-08-17 at 18:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like where you mounted the light. I have the same rail with mlok attachments. Is that the regular Scout light or mini Scout?
    Regular scout. M600U to be exact. An M300 would work as well, which is the mini, which would be a little shorter, and a little less output. Both work, depends on what is the most concern for you, lumens, or weight. Since I have multiple scouts, as well as my EDC light uses M600 heads, it makes sense for me to stick with a similar body/head combo. One of the Arisaka Tactical lights would work as well, which is a kind of simplified Scout light, and Slippers is the owner and on here and a good guy. Shop around a standard Scout can be had for sub $200 new as well, Arisaka Tactical I think is a bit cheaper, so probably better than your TLR2 as far as price. And they are rugged as hell.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Regular scout. M600U to be exact. An M300 would work as well, which is the mini, which would be a little shorter, and a little less output. Both work, depends on what is the most concern for you, lumens, or weight. Since I have multiple scouts, as well as my EDC light uses M600 heads, it makes sense for me to stick with a similar body/head combo. One of the Arisaka Tactical lights would work as well, which is a kind of simplified Scout light, and Slippers is the owner and on here and a good guy. Shop around a standard Scout can be had for sub $200 new as well, Arisaka Tactical I think is a bit cheaper, so probably better than your TLR2 as far as price. And they are rugged as hell.
    So with your Scout 600 lumens are you point shooting in a home defense situation or using an optic? I have a Holosun 503C. If you needed your rifle quickly would you just use the Scout light? Is 600 lumens too much for 20 to 40 feet with an optic? I want to make sure I buy the right light. Trust me, I'm living in abstract poverty due to a chronic pain situation. Not sure if my optic would work with a Scout light. The reticle may wash out. It self adjusts but in the dark to a light is a weak link.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Wolf.545x.39, these were not the answers you were looking for, but they are the answers nonetheless.

You should throw on a DD fixed rear sight for that great rifle you have and start doing drills listed here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ration-Project

Once you start shooting and moving you'll realize what you need and what you don't. I promise a laser is the latter.
    Well the nagpul flip up sight isn't a great sight but I'm just not gonna put a fixed sight on it unless it cowitnesses the red dot. I hear DD has the vest iron sights though. Actually my next rifle may be a Daniel Defense. I'm in the camp if one is none and two is one. Although I have an AK74 also.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So with your Scout 600 lumens are you point shooting in a home defense situation or using an optic? I have a Holosun 503C. If you needed your rifle quickly would you just use the Scout light? Is 600 lumens too much for 20 to 40 feet with an optic? I want to make sure I buy the right light. Trust me, I'm living in abstract poverty due to a chronic pain situation. Not sure if my optic would work with a Scout light. The reticle may wash out. It self adjusts but in the dark to a light is a weak link.
    Depends, depends, and depends. I hate to be vague as a politician, but it really depends. Generally speaking, I am probably ramming rifle to shoulder and illuminating with the rifle in the shoulder. So I would likely be engaging off my RDS. That said, I have played with the set up enough to know that my light is where my RDS is at as well. A thing I like ti know, since, well I want my light, and my hotspot where I am looking if the rifle is in my shoulder. Having the option to rush the shot, should I, god forbid, I need to is nice to know.

As fat as lumens..... it kind of depends on the person, and training to some degree. if I am clearing houses in daylight working with ambient light I want the ****ing eye of god lighting up the room. I've cleared houses coming off a high noon street with a 160 lumen light and not been able to get enough light to the far corners. Instant change was to buy a 500 lumen Surefire. Clearing my own house at 2AM, I could honestly get away with a lower output, but on the flip side, proper tactics I can and light discipline I don't find myself blinded by my own light. And I play with that on a regular basis. Your own walls could play a point in this, as well as your own eyes. Training is likely one of the most important things. Also remember you should be playing on home turf, so you shouldn't be worried about fumbling around in the dark. Another discussion perhaps.

I would also tell you that it is wise to have a handheld as well as weapon mounted light at hand. I have grabbed the handheld for more things than the gun, and it is nice to not have to point a gun at something I wish to illuminate everytime I need to illuminate something because sometimes I just need the light, not the gun. The short of it is, it is going to depend on you.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Depends, depends, and depends. I hate to be vague as a politician, but it really depends. Generally speaking, I am probably ramming rifle to shoulder and illuminating with the rifle in the shoulder. So I would likely be engaging off my RDS. That said, I have played with the set up enough to know that my light is where my RDS is at as well. A thing I like ti know, since, well I want my light, and my hotspot where I am looking if the rifle is in my shoulder. Having the option to rush the shot, should I, god forbid, I need to is nice to know.

As fat as lumens..... it kind of depends on the person, and training to some degree. if I am clearing houses in daylight working with ambient light I want the ****ing eye of god lighting up the room. I've cleared houses coming off a high noon street with a 160 lumen light and not been able to get enough light to the far corners. Instant change was to buy a 500 lumen Surefire. Clearing my own house at 2AM, I could honestly get away with a lower output, but on the flip side, proper tactics I can and light discipline I don't find myself blinded by my own light. And I play with that on a regular basis. Your own walls could play a point in this, as well as your own eyes. Training is likely one of the most important things. Also remember you should be playing on home turf, so you shouldn't be worried about fumbling around in the dark. Another discussion perhaps.

I would also tell you that it is wise to have a handheld as well as weapon mounted light at hand. I have grabbed the handheld for more things than the gun, and it is nice to not have to point a gun at something I wish to illuminate everytime I need to illuminate something because sometimes I just need the light, not the gun. The short of it is, it is going to depend on you.
    Yeah a lot of variables can come into play.Practice and training can be an advantage. One thing is I would wait for the bad guy to walk up while I'm waiting. This way it makes it safer then walking towards an unknown BG with a weapon.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don't think you should plan for using the light hotspot as an aiming device, but maybe testing to know it's possible if worst case. At least for me though, I can probably have solid effects on target at the furthest range in my house without even getting behind my dot. As far as lumens, if the budget allows, the M600IU solves all of those problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I don't think you should plan for using the light hotspot as an aiming device, but maybe testing to know it's possible if worst case. At least for me though, I can probably have solid effects on target at the furthest range in my house without even getting behind my dot. As far as lumens, if the budget allows, the M600IU solves all of those problems.

You mean with just point shooting? I don't have many rounds through my Colt to be confident in point shooting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

this is very true for most, they really are making great points, hard to argue with the logic in this thread
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast