Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking For Laser Sight For My Colt LE6920 mps-b?

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Just stepping into the laser discussion. I have 2 rifle lasers. One is a "Kill Light" green laser. Which I have owned for 3 years and never mounted. The other is one that Hi-Point sells, or sells with their carbines. ( I got it for free) I have no recent idea where it got scattered to. It will resurface. IIRC green doesn't work below 40* fahrenheit(?)

I did some off porch night shooting at some metal targets last weekend. (kitchen non stick ceramic coated pans) I had my S&W15-22 which I hadn't had out in way over a year. I am considering some night hunting for coyotes. I have a reflex sight that was hitting low and right (might have been me) lit up the targets with a $20 1000lm light. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Both of these lights will go 1/5th of a mile+ on the interstate with the yard sticks. I have lit up some eyeballs a long way out in a direction 1. I won't shoot. 2. Can't identify if they are coyotes for sure.

2 thoughts on lasers. In a home I would think, put the dot on them and blast away. At night hunting, light up the target and do the same. Just thinking out loud.
    Last edited by NQNPIII; 09-22-18 at 21:44.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Could we revisit this topic?

My son asked for a laser for his carbine. I'm not necessarily a believer in visible lasers but as a secondary aiming solution for a gun with a magnified optic w/o a QD mount I can kinda, maybe see it as useful... He just thinks it's cool/fun.

In my research I came across the Crimson Trace CMR-301.

https://www.crimsontrace.com/01-00020

Seems like a new for 2020 item designed/intended for carbine use mounted at the 12 o'clock position. Holosun also seems to have a couple visible lasers but they're more expensive and lack illumination. Any thoughts on the CT unit or the Holosuns for that matter.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    That CT laser light combo looks interesting, and I would like to see the idea develop fully.

But:

The product description and details are incredibly sparse. What battery does it take? How many candela or lux? What is it made of and what type of lens does it have? Description says pic rail, but the pictures imply that it may also mount on MLok. Is it waterproof? How about the tape switch? Does it have a durability rating? The lack of info usually makes me think “rebranded Chinese stuff” because the seller does not even anticipate these questions. So there may not have been a development cycle.

Clicking the “installation” tab shows an error message. Maybe the webpage is not done yet and the thingy is not being sold yet, and I’m judging too harshly.

The modular mounting bracket doodads makes me wonder if they have sacrificed drop-ability in order to make it fit on both MLOK and Pic.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    That CT laser light combo looks interesting, and I would like to see the idea develop fully.

But:

The product description and details are incredibly sparse. What battery does it take? How many candela or lux? What is it made of and what type of lens does it have? Description says pic rail, but the pictures imply that it may also mount on MLok. Is it waterproof? How about the tape switch? Does it have a durability rating? The lack of info usually makes me think “rebranded Chinese stuff” because the seller does not even anticipate these questions. So there may not have been a development cycle.
    It's not released yet, supposed to be shipping later this month. Scrounged up some more info:

400 lumen light
    1x CR123 (1hr runtime with laser/light constant on)
    Laser/Light Constant On, Laser Constant On, Light Constant On
    MLOK and Pic attachment
    IPX7 rating
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    There is already some existing combos out there, and have been out for years.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234