Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: optic suggestions

Feedback Score

optic suggestions

In the next month or 2 im purchasing a ar10 from noveske rifleworks? was wondering what optics would serve me best? Not looking to spend tons of money. Rifle wont be used past 200yds., so i dont want a big scope. What are your views on the ar10's from noveske?

Feedback Score
    I have an ArmaLite AR10 carbine, and I like EOTech for general use. For a magnified optic, I have a Leupold VX3 1.5x5x. It's not a big scope, isn't too expensive ($400) and will resolve most anything at the distances you are talking about (sub 200 yards).
    Nemo me impune lacessit

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Intended use is critical....

Not past 200yds, but do you want to print itty-bitty groups or just ring a 12" gong?

Also, what kind of budget?

Feedback Score
    I would like some accuracy? Intended use would be more toward the tactical side. What are your opinions on an acog with a jp optics mounted on top. Figured you can use the jp for up close and personel, and the acog for the rest.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    If you are looking in the ACOG realm I would also consider one of mid range variables.

I have a TA11 on my AR-10. I've not run it in a class yet, but I did OK with an AR-15 and TA31F. The TA11 is more generous in the eye relief and has a bigger/better reticle for fast target acquisition.

I bet a Trijicon Accupoint 1-4 in a LaRue mount would be just the ticket for a little precision and a little "tactical".

Feedback Score
    I agree a 1.X-4 optic would be a great optic for your package. They're sill relatively maneuverable at close distances and can also supply some decent accuracy at longer ranges.

I like the Accupoint, but I see it more as a "hit what you're aiming at" scope than something I would want to use for groupings (which may be a good thing to you). That could very well change soon though, seeing as Trijicon is developing a new reticle for their Accupoint line.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    schmidt & bender- short dot
    horus vision- talon
    just some ideas

Feedback Score
    Well, it is on the expensive side, but how about a TA55A?
    I find BAC works very very well with it, and it has the best 5.5X magnification available, plus low light is incredible.

I loved running it on this Recon, which now has a dedicated TA11C.

The TA55A is now at home on a 18" Douglas SPR type rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Leupy 2.5-8x36 is perfect for medium range AR work.

Feedback Score
    The Brits have a rifle in .223 caliber that they call the SA-85. Their rifle is a bullpup rifle that has NO IRON sights on it. What they did was mount a straight 4X SUSAT scope on top of it. What they found out was that a 4X scope covers the shooting needs of the majority of their soldiers. I decided to try an experiment with my S-15 rifle from Superior Arms. An S-15 is Superior Arms version of a standard M-4. I mounted an NC Star straight 4X scope on top of my rifle. The scope that I got was one that has an illuminated reticle so that I can use it at night. It is a pretty neat system that works very well for what I do with the rifle. The scope cost me about $35.00 and I got it by mail. You will need a riser mount for the scope if you put it on the rifle to get it lifted up high enough so that you can easily see through the scope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast