Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Info on Colt for a guy who’s never owned one

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Info on Colt for a guy who’s never owned one

Looking to get a new upper and I’ve always been a BCM guy. Upon perusing Brownells I found these:

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod69545.aspx

I want a 14.5 hammer forged chrome lined barrel, and I’ve always read Colt is a top brand like BCM. I can get a rail I want and an MRO for well within my budget, but is this going to be the go to rifle I want? I can’t seem to find much info but I would imagine these are chrome lined and hammer forged and that they should be a top quality piece. Any info would help and I appreciate it! I work nights so won’t be able to check my phone much after but I’ll be checking as much as possible. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    No sir Colt does not make cold hammer forged barrels. I would suggest BCM, Spikes Tactical, FN or Daniel defense if that is what you are looking for.

In all honesty you wouldn't wear out a standard button rifled chrome lined barrel in this lifetime anyways.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by UCLAfanBrian View Post
    No sir Colt does not make cold hammer forged barrels. I would suggest BCM, Spikes Tactical, FN or Daniel defense if that is what you are looking for.

In all honesty you wouldn't wear out a standard button rifled chrome lined barrel in this lifetime anyways.
    Did you really just recommend spikes tactical over a Colt OEM upper?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Of course he did....Spikes does have the word "Tactical" in the name, so it must be top tier gear.

The statement that Colt's barrels aren't hammer forged is correct, though I agree that for the cash outlay, a Colt is hard to beat.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In no way should the company turning out these turds:

be recommended in the same breath as BCM/DD/Colt, CHF or not.
    There are plenty of companies turning out CHF barrels (if thats a requirement for the OP) that don't propagate the fudd-culture. It's like a "don't feed the bears" policy.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    In no way should the company turning out these turds:

be recommended in the same breath as BCM/DD/Colt, CHF or not.
    There are plenty of companies turning out CHF barrels (if thats a requirement for the OP) that don't propagate the fudd-culture. It's like a "don't feed the bears" policy.
    Hey, don't $hit on my go-to lower.
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    What handguard are you looking at? Are you sure BCM doesn't sell a complete upper with the one you want installed? Is pinning/welding the MD of the colt in your budget? Why do you think you need a hammer forged barrel?

Feedback Score
    If he really wants a chf barrel? Yes, the barrels are made by FN and G2G

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Ok sure. OP, I really prefer BCM but that upper will very likely work well for you. There have been threads on here of Colt barrels having better groups than BCM and Noveske IIRC.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Of course he did....Spikes does have the word "Tactical" in the name, so it must be top tier gear.

The statement that Colt's barrels aren't hammer forged is correct, though I agree that for the cash outlay, a Colt is hard to beat.
    Wow you got me pegged! I'm just some slack jawed yokel n00b who buys everything with the word tactical in it.....

Get off your gear elitism and your high horse. You don't know me I don't know you, so show some respect.

Ok sure. OP, I really prefer BCM but that upper will very likely work well for you. There have been threads on here of Colt barrels having better groups than BCM and Noveske IIRC.
    Agreed. I always recommend the Colt Socom barrel but no one has asked OP what his intended purpose is. We don't know anything about him or why he needs chf. He might have auto sear, might plan on attending fifty classes this year, whatever but let's get him the info he wants.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast