Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: .32 vs .380 FMJ Is there much of a difference?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    PM me if you decide to get rid of that .32 barrel.
    Nah, gonna keep and use it.

Feedback Score
    The .380 didnt have the snappiness I expected based on experience with other blow-back .380's.

Recoil is very close to the hottest .32 I've found. (And carry) Weak .32 is more pleasant to fire and makes for more enjoyable practice during a 200-300 rd. Session.

I think I'll shoot .32 about 2/3 of the time, .380 the other 1/3 and carry w/.380 fmj.

Great little pistol.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If I can't conceal my G43, I go straight to a P32. There is a difference, but the P32 has more rounds than the P3AT or LCP, and it's way more controllable. And it doesn't hurt, so I'm more likely to practice with it at the range.

I don't think .32 is acceptable in any situation where you could be carrying something larger, but if it's all you can conceal then it's better than nothing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    If I can't conceal my G43, I go straight to a P32. There is a difference, but the P32 has more rounds than the P3AT or LCP, and it's way more controllable. And it doesn't hurt, so I'm more likely to practice with it at the range.
    The best pocket pistols IMO are the Beretta M950 Jetfire and the Keltec P32. And I've tried many pocket pistols. The P32 is quicker into action (DAO) but I shoot the Jetfire a whole lot better and suspect most people would. (SAO) Both are very reliable but the Beretta requires a bit of break-in first

Feedback Score
    Finally brought out the Beretta M81FS with both barrels to shoot one right after the other. Did a little with the timer, too.

The .32 was much, much faster than the .380. I wasn't any faster with the .380 than I am with my Glock 19.

In a blow-back gun .32 is the way to go. .380 is best from a locked breech.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Finally brought out the Beretta M81FS with both barrels to shoot one right after the other. Did a little with the timer, too.

The .32 was much, much faster than the .380. I wasn't any faster with the .380 than I am with my Glock 19.

In a blow-back gun .32 is the way to go. .380 is best from a locked breech.
    If you shoot that much better go with the .32 in my opinion.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    If you shoot that much better go with the .32 in my opinion.
    Pat
    Yea, that low recoil and great trigger allows me to really dump rounds on target fast.

It also makes it easier when moving and shooting, shooting one handed, and I just love the gun for its handling.

I think part of it is its balance. I should weigh its barrel / slide assembly compared to the Glock.

I understand the limits of the bullets. Theyll do fine as long as I dont ask them to punch through stuff. But IMO that's less likely to be a con and more likely to be a pro.

A "Duty" cartridge should be at least in the 9x19 power range.
    Last edited by Ron3; 06-06-19 at 15:19.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Yea, that low recoil and great trigger allows me to really dump rounds on target fast.

It also makes it easier when moving and shooting, shooting one handed, and I just love the gun for its handling.

I think part of it is its balance. I should weigh its barrel / slide assembly compared to the Glock.

I understand the limits of the bullets. Theyll do fine as long as I dont ask them to punch through stuff. But IMO that's less likely to be a con and more likely to be a pro.

A "Duty" cartridge should be at least in the 9x19 power range.
    I totally agree with you its a balance and I would take fast and accurate hits over a bit more terminal performance potential any day.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234