You ever commit to doing something outside of your comfort zone?

A couple of years ago, Aero precision released a lower making fun of California state senator de Leon and his nonsensical rant on guns. I laughed as I only wanted, and bought a M1A (because of SFC Shughart portrayed in Black hawk down).

But... I decided to assemble an AR type rifle after shooting my buddy's noveske Afghan last November.

Could've been a sign from God or just good marketing, the ghost gun lower was out on the market again. I took that as a sign and have stalked every weapon forum, watched as many videos, and of course talked to as many shooters as I could.

I listened to the Gospel many of you senior members Dole out:

1) What do you want it to do

2) take your time and save money

Parts list:

Aero precision upper gen 2

Aero ghost gun lower

Rosco 16in mid-length socom profile barrel

Surefire WARCOMP 556 Flash hider

BCM BCG - FDE

BCM charging handle mod 5 (small)

Geissele mk8 15in rail (blem)

Geissele SD-E trigger

Geissele super 42 buffer & spring

Geissele maritime bolt catch

BCM buffer & castle nut

BCM QD end plate

BCM mid gas tube

B5 SOPMOD enhanced stock - multicam

Magpul MIAD Gen 1.1 type 1 grip

Aimpoint Pro

Troy rear folding battle sight - FDE

Daniel defense fixed front sight

Fero concepts slingster - multicam (W/ 2x magpul QD)

London Bridge Trading / Tactical GPS wrist mount

Battle arms development enhanced takedown pins

CMMG parts kit (springs, etc)

Thank you for making this site so enjoyable to read. I've gone back in time seeing fads come and go, how to shoot evolve, some of the dumbest things argued over, and results on gear that course corrected me during my parts sourcing.

And most importantly, learning from all the mistakes you've done to your weapon(s) saving me time and money.

I've only shot 200 rounds at a 30ish yard indoor range.

Hopefully I'll continue with this platform and I don't catch the itch to keep building / buying rifles.

- With luv, Rez.