Thread: My Mall Ninja FrankenFudd assembly

Feedback Score

My Mall Ninja FrankenFudd assembly

You ever commit to doing something outside of your comfort zone?

A couple of years ago, Aero precision released a lower making fun of California state senator de Leon and his nonsensical rant on guns. I laughed as I only wanted, and bought a M1A (because of SFC Shughart portrayed in Black hawk down).

But... I decided to assemble an AR type rifle after shooting my buddy's noveske Afghan last November.

Could've been a sign from God or just good marketing, the ghost gun lower was out on the market again. I took that as a sign and have stalked every weapon forum, watched as many videos, and of course talked to as many shooters as I could.

I listened to the Gospel many of you senior members Dole out:

1) What do you want it to do

2) take your time and save money

Parts list:

Aero precision upper gen 2

Aero ghost gun lower

Rosco 16in mid-length socom profile barrel

Surefire WARCOMP 556 Flash hider

BCM BCG - FDE

BCM charging handle mod 5 (small)

Geissele mk8 15in rail (blem)

Geissele SD-E trigger

Geissele super 42 buffer & spring

Geissele maritime bolt catch

BCM buffer & castle nut

BCM QD end plate

BCM mid gas tube

B5 SOPMOD enhanced stock - multicam

Magpul MIAD Gen 1.1 type 1 grip

Aimpoint Pro

Troy rear folding battle sight - FDE

Daniel defense fixed front sight

Fero concepts slingster - multicam (W/ 2x magpul QD)

London Bridge Trading / Tactical GPS wrist mount

Battle arms development enhanced takedown pins

CMMG parts kit (springs, etc)

Thank you for making this site so enjoyable to read. I've gone back in time seeing fads come and go, how to shoot evolve, some of the dumbest things argued over, and results on gear that course corrected me during my parts sourcing.

And most importantly, learning from all the mistakes you've done to your weapon(s) saving me time and money.

I've only shot 200 rounds at a 30ish yard indoor range.

Hopefully I'll continue with this platform and I don't catch the itch to keep building / buying rifles.

- With luv, Rez.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Looks like a solid build list, I’m not familiar with the Aero Ghost Gun lower receiver. Is it a standard Aero Gen 2 lower with tacticool rollmarks?
    Also. I’m sure not sure Rosco barrels. Never heard of them. Just out of curiosity, did you look at Ballistic Advantage barrels or a Faxon Firearms barrel?
    I couldn’t find any barrel reviews on their website.
    So I’m interested in what your thought process was on the barrel, especially considering it’s arguably one of the most important parts to your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 10-17-17 at 06:06.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Rosco is apparently pretty solid and has some type of contract with good guys who shoot bad guys in the face. I'd never heard of them but Garand Thumb has positive things to say.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Rosco is apparently pretty solid and has some type of contract with good guys who shoot bad guys in the face. I'd never heard of them but Garand Thumb has positive things to say.

That’s interesting to know Wake. Thanks...
    I thought they were saying the right things regarding their barrels. Button rifling , salt bath nitride, and this morning I found an online gun store that had accuracy results from a 16” barrel. Basically .75 MOA, 5 round shot group with plinking ammo, and .65 with Federal SMK. Usually though if a company is selling to good guys at least on a gov’t contract advert that to death. I may just test or a barrel. At $ 140 a pop it wouldn’t hurt to have an alternative to my usual BA or DD barrels

Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 10-17-17 at 09:47.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I thought they were just a hype company but they've been around. Plus I got the barrel at 97 dollars. This was before they put a lot of effort into their marketing and now they mark all their barrels differently. But Garand thumb, rated RR, and their own factory videos convinced me to try them out. Everybody I know has either a BCM, FN, or PSA barrel.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Very solid looking build, I like it.