Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 224 Valkyrie...newest AR cartridge from Federal

Feedback Score
    https://theeverydaysniper.podbean.co...co-club-match/

It was funny. I was listening to the podcast and when they started the interview, I was like- Hey, I know that voice... Brian was down at PWSA before a deployment and he took pity on some of us shooting steel challenge and worked with us a little bit. Frank even comments about his voice. Nice guy.

Wow, Frank is sending his 6.5 AR10rifle back to JP and he is getting a 224 rifle back from JP. That says something.

2500 round barrel life with the medium contour and the heat dissipator.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Wow, Frank is sending his 6.5 AR10rifle back to JP and he is getting a 224 rifle back from JP. That says something.

2500 round barrel life with the medium contour and the heat dissipator.
    Does this round need to run in AR-10? No go for AR-15?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Does this round need to run in AR-10? No go for AR-15?
    AR15. Sounds like sending back his Creedmoor for the Valkyrie.

Feedback Score
    Yep, sorry. AR10 for AR15 platform. I guess the current general nomenclature is MSR10 and MSR15.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The 6 Creedmoor I had was a laser. Super easy to shoot and load for, very accurate loads. My 10 yr old was banging steel pretty regularly at 1325 with me calling wind holds but throat life might be a little shorter than 2500 if your really pushing your loads.
    Last edited by jethroUSMC; 01-16-18 at 19:54.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jethroUSMC View Post
    The 6 Creedmoor I had was a laser. Super easy to shoot and load for, very accurate loads. My 10 yr old was banging steel pretty regularly at 1325 with me calling wind holds but throat life might be a little shorter than 2500 if your really pushing your loads.
    The webcast has a bit more on the life of the barrel. The thought is that the medium profile and the JP heat radiator (700% more surface area than a standard barrel) keeps the barrel cooler and greatly reduces barrel degradation. Brian said that the barrel never gets too hot to touch.

I’m talking with Brian about getting my son and me in one of his classes.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The new 224 Valkyrie Federal FMJ ammo is about $10-11 per box which is cheaper than 6.8 ammo has ever been as far as I know. It should get cheaper the more popular it gets.

Feedback Score
    If the distinction in bolt action guns between short and long action rounds was the same as in MSR10 and MSR15, I think I would be all over this. That you have 6 and 6.5 Creedmore and now the 6.5 PRC rounds and all kinds of all other rounds in a 'short' action. I also have an LMT MWS, and I can get from 308 to a 6-6.5 barrel for $600 or so.

The 6 and 6.5 will ring steel better. 223 in all but long shots takes the low recoil role and semi auto role.

I might be selling my LMT MWS to buy a JP 224V.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Seeing reports from SHOT Show that several companies had 224 Valkyrie rifles at the range day and overall it seems to have a significant manufacturer interest.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Seeing reports from SHOT Show that several companies had 224 Valkyrie rifles at the range day and overall it seems to have a significant manufacturer interest.
    Manufacturers will get behind it if they think it will help them sell guns. "Oh, you have a .223? Well, you don't have a .224!"

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast