Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update - Micro Eagle .380acp

Feedback Score
    The way a cop described it to me was it was a handy thing to tuck into your vest or weak side pocket and, when you can't access your primary gun, you grab the BUG and jam it into the most convenient orifice of the bad guy and let a couple rounds rip. Apparently it takes the fight out of BGs real quick.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    Growing up in a gang area, I have known more people to be shot and killed by various .22's, .25's, .32's, than any other caliber of military significance. It has and always will be a true axiom...accurate shot placement kills (Lucky accurate shots count too).
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Back when I did a lot of criminal defense, I tried to get a new trial for a guy who had a girlfriend with an abusive ex-boyfriend--big mean dude, 6'4" 240#, and when he found out he'd been traded, his feelings were hurt. Well one night, ex busts into a bingo hall after my guy and GF with felonious intent. GF finally got fed up, retrieved her Condition III Makarov loaded with .380 TMJ from her bingo bag, racked the slide, fired twice at powder-burn range (yes I know it's really stipple, not burn). My guy, dissatisfied with the results, grabbed the gun from her and shot him with the other six rounds. It stopped ex from doing whatever he was going to do, even though he was so mean he was still alive when he got to the hospital, complete with a bullet in the brain stem. Didn't last long after that, though.

.380 CAN get it done, at least sometimes, but given its lack of damage and also the tendency of small autopistols to get cruddy in the usual backup carry locations, I'd rather have my snub .38, with more power and it always works. Well, except the 637 that DIDN'T work ... sighhhh ... nothing's perfect.

Oh yeah, the appeals court didn't really see things my way. I thought my guy should have got a medal for wasting the fool, but the jury said Murder Two and he went down for life, partly due to his earlier felony record. I still feel bad about that one.
    When life gives you lemons, insert copper and zinc wires in them and repeatedly shock your tongue.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    The way a cop described it to me was it was a handy thing to tuck into your vest or weak side pocket and, when you can't access your primary gun, you grab the BUG and jam it into the most convenient orifice of the bad guy and let a couple rounds rip. Apparently it takes the fight out of BGs real quick.

-B
    Pretty much. These things are WOLRs, or Weapons Of Last Resort. Good things to have and useful when kept in perspective.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyRoller View Post
    Well, except the 637 that DIDN'T work ... sighhhh ... nothing's perfect.
    Issues with the lawyer lock, or something different?

Feedback Score
    You must be psychic. :-/ Yeah, something in there broke and the lock flipped up at random to block the firing pin. Smith fixed it for free, but pretty soon I picked up a 1970ish Colt Agent with no lock and a hammer-mounted firing pin as God intended. Also holds an extra round. K-frame speedloaders work with the Agent, as do Bianchi Slow Strips.
    When life gives you lemons, insert copper and zinc wires in them and repeatedly shock your tongue.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyRoller View Post
    You must be psychic. :-/ Yeah, something in there broke and the lock flipped up at random to block the firing pin.
    Unfortunately that's not all that unheard of, and it's one reason why the first thing I do after acquiring a lock-bearing S&W revolver (thankfully I only have one) is remove the lock mechanism from the weapon entirely.

Smith & Wesson should ditch the damned lawyer lock on at LEAST the light J frames in .38 and .357. They are an answer to a question nobody asked.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You haven't heard about the NEW production 642 no-locks?

Or the new Centennials?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilson View Post
    You haven't heard about the NEW production 642 no-locks?

Or the new Centennials?
    I've heard about them, but last I knew they were only a limited run....not a permanent departure from the lock nonsense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12