Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What replacement sights for Glock Gen 5?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    ANY sights with small dots are useless to me.
    How big of a dot are you looking for?? That's a pretty large orange circle... that front sight width is .140".

Or are you concerned with the subdued tritium vials in the rear? I guess I'm confused...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    How big of a dot are you looking for?? That's a pretty large orange circle... that front sight width is .140".

Or are you concerned with the subdued tritium vials in the rear? I guess I'm confused...
    All my Glocks either have the XS Big Dot sight sets, or OEM sights with a nice big dot and a U-notch. Lining up three little Tritium dots just ain't happenin' for me anymore.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    All my Glocks either have the XS Big Dot sight sets, or OEM sights with a nice big dot and a U-notch. Lining up three little Tritium dots just ain't happenin' for me anymore.
    That's just it, Mr. Doc... you only need to focus on that ginormous glaring blazing orange circle on the front sight. Find a little daylight on each side of her and blam. Easy peasy. No need to line up the 3 tritium vials. Waaaay higher viz than the OEM Plastic sights, both at night and during the day... and I'd venture to bet more visible than even your XS Big Dot. Of course, you are the best judge at what's most visible to your eyes, of course. But I guess I'm just kinda dumbfounded at hearing the Ameriglo Bolds being called Not Hi-Viz. Same as the Trijicon HDs. Kinda the opposite of Non Hi-Viz.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    That's just it, Mr. Doc... you only need to focus on that ginormous glaring blazing orange circle on the front sight. Find a little daylight on each side of her and blam. Easy peasy. No need to line up the 3 tritium vials. Waaaay higher viz than the OEM Plastic sights, both at night and during the day... and I'd venture to bet more visible than even your XS Big Dot. Of course, you are the best judge at what's most visible to your eyes, of course. But I guess I'm just kinda dumbfounded at hearing the Ameriglo Bolds being called Not Hi-Viz. Same as the Trijicon HDs. Kinda the opposite of Non Hi-Viz.
    Truth be told I didn't actually throw the pistol up to my eyes and sight through them. I just kinda looked down at the pistol and thought, "Tiny little dots. No thanks." Maybe I'll head back to that LGS and see if he's still got that pistol so I can look through the sights and see how visible the front is. I used to have Trijicon three-dot tritiums on most of my pistols, but that's back when I could see!
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 10-18-17 at 11:42.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Truth be told I didn't actually throw the pistol up to my eyes and sight through them. I just kinda looked down at the pistol and thought, "Tiny little dots. No thanks." Maybe I'll head back to that LGS and see if he's still got that pistol so I can look through the sights and see how visible the front is. I used to have Trijicon three-dot tritiums on most of my pistols, but that's back when I could see!
    Ummm... yes, we gotta get you back there ASAP!

You owe it to yourself.

Feedback Score
    I found this. I'll leave it here for "things that make you go 'Hmmmmmm.'"

Read the fine print about Gen 5 Glocks requiring a different sight height:

https://dawsonprecision.com/new-daws...r-optic-front/

What sayest thou?

Feedback Score
    Interesting. I have a pair of the Haley Thirteen sights on my Gen 5 17 and havent noticed any issues with sight alignment or POA/POI.

Feedback Score
    In my opinion, Trijicon HD's is the holy grail of night sights, although expensive. I favor the U-notch and slightly taller sights.

Feedback Score
    Fwiw people perceive orange/red and chartreuse differently. Some people find orange/red best - I lose it in quite a bit of various lighting and find the chartreuse easier to pick up. It’s the “green” as sold by trijicon and Ameriglo- check those out as well. I’m an i-dot fan so that narrows it down, but there are a lot of choices - browse Ameriglo a sight and try to find something local so you have an idea what real world use will look like.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have been very happy with the Ameriglo Pro-IDOT

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004YY2T4I/

They strike a perfect balance of "U-notch" only and a pattern on night sights (dot over dot 8 )

The under-dot is easy to 'ignore' in lit shooting while logical and uncluttered at night (I never like the three dot in the dark under pressure)

There is also a flat front for one-hand slide operation if that give you tingles. I have them on my G19s and will be adding them to my G26s.

ETA: Threre is also a green option which I have't tried: https://www.amazon.com/Ameriglo-Pro-.../dp/B006QP7R9A
    Last edited by PrivateCitizen; 10-19-17 at 11:16.

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast