Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Why Ford Sucks (advice needed, venting..)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Your story does not leave me with confidence things will get any better, but it does confirm it's not an uncommon experience. Guess I have done deciding to do now. Not one Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, Mazda, etc ever gave me problems. Lesson learned I guess. Will cost me just under 3k to pay off early and walk, but sanity is priceless in my experience.
    You may have equity in your lease depending what the payoff amount is, and what the market price for the car is also. However, the rub is selling a defective car which will not bring the value you'd need. Have you escalated this up the Ford food chain past the dealer level? I may have missed that if you did.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    You may have equity in your lease depending what the payoff amount is, and what the market price for the car is also. However, the rub is selling a defective car which will not bring the value you'd need. Have you escalated this up the Ford food chain past the dealer level? I may have missed that if you did.
    Never worked at dealer level. Been Ford Corporate from day one and all run around BS from them. Dealer I went to for the service has been OK, but I didn't buy it from them so again, not real motivated to do anything above what corporate asks them to do. I doubt a dealership wants to take a problematic car either and unless you purchased from them, no real responsibility to either. If Ford purchased the car back, I'd even get another Ford if the idiots were smart enough to make that deal with me.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Never worked at dealer level. Been Ford Corporate from day one and all run around BS from them. Dealer I went to for the service has been OK, but I didn't buy it from them so again, not real motivated to do anything above what corporate asks them to do. I doubt a dealership wants to take a problematic car either and unless you purchased from them, no real responsibility to either. If Ford purchased the car back, I'd even get another Ford if the idiots were smart enough to make that deal with me.
    There is a strange relationship between the factory and the dealers sometimes.
    Someone who worked for me had a series of transmissions go out in his Chevy truck in the early 1990's. Now this story would likely of ended up like yours had his Uncle not worked at a rather high level in GM.
    He was told by his Uncle that this particular dealership usually gets a pass because they sell so many new vehicles for GM that corporate would rather deal with these things than get in to another fight with the dealership.
    There is a National Car talk show that I listen to on the weekends, he seems to be able to hook customers up with someone at corporate who makes these issues right. They callers often call back and let them know how things were resolved. I think it's called Car Pro's.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Create a website, FB page and Youtube site and write Ford SUX on the side of your rig with links to the website. Let social media do the rest... they will do the bullying for you and Ford my take care of you just to end it.
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    There is a strange relationship between the factory and the dealers sometimes.
    Someone who worked for me had a series of transmissions go out in his Chevy truck in the early 1990's. Now this story would likely of ended up like yours had his Uncle not worked at a rather high level in GM.
    He was told by his Uncle that this particular dealership usually gets a pass because they sell so many new vehicles for GM that corporate would rather deal with these things than get in to another fight with the dealership.
    There is a National Car talk show that I listen to on the weekends, he seems to be able to hook customers up with someone at corporate who makes these issues right. They callers often call back and let them know how things were resolved. I think it's called Car Pro's.
    https://www.carprousa.com/car-pro-show

Jerry Reynolds

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That sucks. Just got off the phone with a good friend who likes to do some of his own maintenance. We were going to do a brake job on his 2013 Ford Focus ST yesterday. Hot little car. We did an exhaust, CAI, Stage I tune, and larger intercooler. We went to take off the wheels, and the lug wrench wouldn't fit over the lug nut. None of our ratchets fit, and we have them all. He talked to the dealer today. It seems all Ford lug nuts are now two piece. Steel, and chrome. Moisture gets in between, and they swell so the wrench won't fit. Ford knows about it, but could care less. If you have a flat, and need to change your tire, you are screwed. EFFF Ford. He has to buy all new lug nuts for a four year old car, and has to go aftermarket to get all steel.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    That sucks. Just got off the phone with a good friend who likes to do some of his own maintenance. We were going to do a brake job on his 2013 Ford Focus ST yesterday. Hot little car. We did an exhaust, CAI, Stage I tune, and larger intercooler. We went to take off the wheels, and the lug wrench wouldn't fit over the lug nut. None of our ratchets fit, and we have them all. He talked to the dealer today. It seems all Ford lug nuts are now two piece. Steel, and chrome. Moisture gets in between, and they swell so the wrench won't fit. Ford knows about it, but could care less. If you have a flat, and need to change your tire, you are screwed. EFFF Ford. He has to buy all new lug nuts for a four year old car, and has to go aftermarket to get all steel.
    Wow, that alone is a good reason to avoid the brand, as that's not a small problem if you're in the middle of no place with a flat tire. I'm gonna get rid of the POS asap, and be done with it. No more attempting to work with them as it's just adding big aggravations, etc.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789