Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads up clone dorks: Brownells now selling complete Colt M4 lowers ($244 shipped)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Just so people are aware, Colt (factory) does NOT have two lines of parts (commercial and LE/Mil). They are all the same. The expanse line is made offsite. Now what can happen is that you received a bad part. Every company does it and Colt is far from perfect in this matter.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm curious as to why Colt still uses the notched hammer in their commercial rifles?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    I have purchased 3 of them. And every one was perfectly fine, unless you are someone who cares about the Roll Mark not being deep enough.

The cross threaded bolt has nothing to do with these being Spec or Not spec. It is a valid assembly and QC issue.
    Nope, not really worried about the roll mark. That's why I didn't mention it directly above when replying to your request.
    However, the fact that most of them had roll mark blems tells me it wasn't an isolated/one-off QC issue.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    I'm curious as to why Colt still uses the notched hammer in their commercial rifles?
    Lawyers.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by freefly View Post
    Thanks Grant. I have no doubt that is what they told you.
    Maybe a better, more specific question for Colt would be: "Were any of the lowers (supplied to Brownell's) assembled with any parts other that those that strictly adhered/conformed to the original TDP specifications?

As mentioned I will take some pics and post them when I get a chance. However, there are folks in this very thread that have had "out of spec" issues with the ones they've received.
    I'll check with Brownell's and see what they have to say. Although, I doubt they messed with them at all, as the ones I received were all in sealed boxes from Colt.
    I think the part that your missing is that Colt wouldn’t even know how to acquire those parts. They have the TDP following supply chains and that is it. Point being that they aren’t going to shop the Brownells catalog for parts to build lowers out of.

C4

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I’m glad you found out my plan freefly. I joined this website and paid to be on it to “troll” you. Also, a cross threaded grip screw has nothing to do with the TDP. Neither does the stamp on the grips and stocks or the shape of the threads. Also neither does a tight stock.

There are also no black helicopters.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, I'm eating Ramen for a while now. If G&R gets those SOCOM uppers back in stock I won't be eating at all

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    Well, I'm eating Ramen for a while now. If G&R gets those SOCOM uppers back in stock I won't be eating at all
    There are people who claim you can survive off of air. Maybe we can try that.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    I just ordered the Colt lower from Brownell's. It was $249.99 and a $10 handling charge. No tax or shipping so $260 plus $20 FFL fee when I pick it up.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDB View Post
    I just ordered the Colt lower from Brownell's. It was $249.99 and a $10 handling charge. No tax or shipping so $260 plus $20 FFL fee when I pick it up.
    Did you use the $20 off code as well?
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    I got an email with a code this morning so I missed the $20 off but I'm still satisfied. I'll pay better attention next time.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast