Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: Heads up clone dorks: Brownells now selling complete Colt M4 lowers ($244 shipped)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    My 2 were labeled "spares" as well. I've always been of the understanding that a lower or a lower w/ stock is an "other" unless the manufacturer states otherwise which I've never seen. That's how 3 FFls I know categorize them on the 4473.
    Just looked at the actual Colt shipping box, mine is marked "spares" as well.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    At some point in the Brownells sale extravaganza, someone over on ARFCOM contacted Colt and Brownells and confirmed (I believe with their lower’s serial number through Colt) that they were complete lowers that left Colt in that configuration and were never built up as rifles. That was why everyone over there was scrambling to get them toward the end because they were the only known batch of Colt lowers that could be built into pistols. The story was that, for whatever reason, Colt sold a large batch of complete lowers to Brownells, but that after those sold out, there wouldn’t be any more because Colt made the announcement that they weren’t going to be selling parts anymore. Supposedly their lawyers were concerned about people building Colt parts up into complete rifles that could make Colt liable for any “misuse” of those rifles. Anyway, I’m not sure about that last part, but it’s apparently possible to verify that these lowers were never built up as complete rifles by contacting Colt with your serial number.

My apologies if you’re already aware of this, but it sounds like some people may not have heard that background story.
    I called Colt and asked. The CS rep told me they were never assembled as rifles which is why they are marked as spares. I have 4, wish I bought 10 when they were $199!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wish I had bought even one. At the time, I had enough projects in the works, and I didn't find out about the pistol option until after they had sold out.

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364