Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omega Gideon Shadow UMP Receiver

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Well, curiosity got the best of me. Atlantic stands behind what they sell and they have a pretty good reputation of solving issues, so with that said I ordered an Omega receiver from Atlantic. From the short reviews I've seen on HKpro, no one seems to have had functionality issues. However long term durability seems to be an unknown at the moment.

The receiver should be arriving tomorrow, when I get it I'll post some photos and try to give everyone as much info as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichDC2 View Post
    That rifle has won trophies for its game face alone!

Feedback Score
    Can't believe HK won't try to stop this...

Then they need to kick their own asses since this could have been them making this money...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by amd5007 View Post
    The receiver should be arriving tomorrow, when I get it I'll post some photos and try to give everyone as much info as possible.
    I would like to know how "parts ready" it is.

Presumably it is cut for double stack magazines, but are the front hooks sized for the standard lower?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I'll post a range review in the coming week, I've been busy so I haven't had much time this week or weekend. But here's the details:

1. The receiver is a USC style receiver, so things like the front hooks need to be opened up on the UMP lower and the the left ledge on the bolt needs to be raised slightly to fit in the receiver (honestly it's no big deal, I did it with a bench grinder and some sandpaper and the action is pretty smooth).

2. However, unlike the USC it is set up to accept UMP mags from the get go, so no trimming involved.

3. The front sight sucked, so I swapped on the UMP sight.

4. Out of 200 rounds so far, reliability has been perfect. Ejection is at 2 o'clock about 4 feet away.

5. As for parts ready, I would say with knowing what you're doing you can have a UMP parts kit fully installed and compliant in under an hour. I took my time measuring and working slowly and gradually, however if I were to built another one tomorrow, it would go much faster.

6. The receiver seems to be pretty good so far, no cracks or deformation, everything looks perfect at the moment.

7. I'm loving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichDC2 View Post
    That rifle has won trophies for its game face alone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12