Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT Question: WHERE ARE THEY?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

LMT Question: WHERE ARE THEY?

We've got a couple of threads currently going that have comments about LMT...didnt want to drift those threads, so I started a new one.
    My question..with a preface is this: Over the past 10 years & more, I have literally seen ONE LMT rifle in a gunshop for sale....and that was a year before Obama got 1st elected & I bought it on the spot. Most guys...a few Fudds but some fairly serious shooters too..have NO IDEA who LMT is, they think its an off-brand like DPMS or Spikes or Rock River.
    WHY do I never see any LMT rifles on gunshop racks? Where are they?
    Very curious as to how & where they sell their product.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I've always just assumed the factory workers leave them by the crate in a locked room and find piles of of untraced cash in the morning, left by operators in the night...

Honestly though, the only LMT products I've ever seen have been provided by Mars Armament or ordered directly from their store.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 10-20-17 at 20:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Shoot, thats the best answer so far!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    They building goods for military and abroad. LMT is legit.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    A few LMT uppers are on sale at Rainier Arms right now.

Feedback Score
    I ain't in the US, but they probably don't stay on the shelves very long. The vast majority of people have no idea what LMT is, that has been my experience too. Heck I accidentally stumbled upon a Youtube video yesterday where a guy was at the NRA show at the LMT booth, and introduced LMT as being this "upcoming company in the rifle market". Upcoming... hahahahhaha.

They're a relatively small operation compared to other players, and my guess is they've been pretty damn busy with their military contracts these last few years.

Up here they're pretty much the only AR mfg available that I can trust to be built properly and not overgassed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    They building goods for military and abroad. LMT is legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    A few LMT uppers are on sale at Rainier Arms right now.
    I understand they are legit, and do a lot of military stuff, and some parts/uppers and such are available online. But Im wondering if they dont sell to gunstores too?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I understand they are legit, and do a lot of military stuff, and some parts/uppers and such are available online. But Im wondering if they dont sell to gunstores too?
    Yes, they sell to gun stores.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    They do sell to stores. Anytime I've needed one, a local store was able to call up and get it even without having a prior relationship. Cheap enough to sell to me at significantly less than retail.. Some manufacturers require very large orders, LMT was not one of them. Sold direct to a small store. I'm sure you can get greater markup with volume or commitments.

Stores sell what they can convince people to buy and has the greatest markup. I watch one local megastore push core 15 very hard when they have DD and Colt on the shelf. The core15s are higher than the 6920s and approach DD prices for some models!

I have to believe it's higher markup combined with sales spiffs.

Your average buying public thanks Smith & Wesson and Ruger are great grams, and that Colt is overpriced. They enter with that perception, and a lot of sales people aren't going to try to convince them otherwise.

At LMGS I've witnessed the counter Droid telling customers that the core 15 is a better value than the Colt, because you're just paying for the name. It was all I could do to keep from pointing out that the Colt with the name was the same price as the No Name Mystery Company.

Feedback Score
    I visited a well stocked store near Daytona Beach a couple of weeks ago, they had a few LMT rifles for sale. (Along with a variety of KAC rifles and SCARs.)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast