Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT Question: WHERE ARE THEY?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd00000 View Post
    I've seen a LMT piston upper break in combat. YMMV
    Would love to hear the details & story..if you are so inclined.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Would love to hear the details & story..if you are so inclined.
    An SF team on my COP had a SSG with that LMT upper, they were in a fight and the piston broke on him, he was rifleless for the rest of the mission. He put his M4 upper back on when he returned. Combat is the ultimate test of a gun, even the HK416 and G36, after years of range use, had problems in combat.

When it comes to your life buy what is proven. I was ignorant when I first started buying ARs and bought a DPMS, I will not trust it with my life.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

LMT Question: WHERE ARE THEY?

I learned about LMT and BCM here. I bought a pair of LMT lowers and 3 BCM lowers from G&R. One of each was a factory SBR lower. I wish they still allowed that. I have two LMT 10.5" uppers. They run great. All of my 5.56 AR's have LMT/BCM BCG'S. They're good to go too. I've never seen either brand in a LGS except my transfers. The LGS is full of lower end guns at higher prices. I've tried to get them to change. I gave up years ago. They push Ruger's hard. They get to great perks for selling certain brands. The LGS gets plenty of free Ruger's; he let's his employees choose from them in a rotation. It's a nice perk and motivation to sell the brand.

Grant might chime in. I think he stopped selling LMT. Bravo Company sells 10.5" LMT uppers. I think DSG Arms sells them, lowers and Complete guns too. Those are the three places I've bought from.

I've only seen one Marathon watch in the wild too! Great gear just not as popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    BCM has been out of LMT's for years. I think DSG has slowly sold their inventory and not restocked.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

LMT Question: WHERE ARE THEY?

Quote Originally Posted by Zirk208 View Post
    BCM has been out of LMT's for years. I think DSG has slowly sold their inventory and not restocked.
    That a bummer. I have not been paying attention. I was on BCM”s site the other day looking to see if they sold barrel assemblies. I saw the LMT uppers but didn’t notice they were out of stock. When I read Paul’s explanation of why he preferred 11.5” uppers over 10.5” or 10.3” guns I started buying his BCM 11.5” uppers. I tried a BCM Kino but sold it. I want to try another 14.5” next. I had a 14.5” BCM middy. But I want to be able to mount a bayonet and don’t want to buy hand guards! I will probably pin a Vortex or A2X.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 10-21-17 at 23:18.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I really enjoy my LMT but I have not seen another physically in the wild (ie not online).
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Check out these guys for LMT uppers http://valhallatacticalsupply.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It's no surprise to me that BCM stopped carrying LMT, it would essentially be a competitor do their own line of lowers. And for some time was significantly less expensive. (Not lately, though)

When I first started dealing with Grant, LMT was one of his lines. But as his BCM emphasis ramped-up he stopped carrying LMT. I've tried multiple times to special order LMT through Grant, but it appears that's not an area that he's interested in. I'm sure he has his reasons, and with the strong alignment to BCM it probably doesn't make sense.

Lately LMT appears to be full into military contract production mode, and the prices for complete lowers have gone up. Availability has been hit-or-miss.

They're still active in the market, I talked to them at the NRA show. Put in my request for m-lok on the rail, and they smiled and said be patient.

Also asked for Grendel barrels and bolts. I forget the exact wording of their reply, but it was something to the effect of "they're keeping an eye on Grendel". They were not aware of $4.50/box steel case Grendel ammo availability nor some of the new hornady and federal offerings.

With Colts willingness to sell a complete lowers and the OEM models I think it's changed the dynamic significantly in the builder's market. If you're production limited I could see LMT's lack of interest in the commodity hobby offerings.

Feedback Score
    Legal transfers ar15sales.com has lmt stocked. You have to call for pricing though

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post

They're still active in the market, I talked to them at the NRA show. Put in my request for m-lok on the rail, and they smiled and said be patient.
    Yep, they had a picture on their Instagram page hinting that MLOK MRP uppers are coming soon. I love my MRP...even though it's a pig weight-wise, it's the most accurate non-stainless barreled AR I own. Now, if they released lightweight 5.56 barrels for the MRP, I would be in heaven.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast