Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girls in science, liberals, and unintended consequences

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Why you gotta say that man?

Why? She's an intelligent young person who might be going through a phase, maybe not.

You don't know her life.

I knew some hardcore lesbians in my day who said "I just needed a man. I had a craving."

It's called being a gold star because of how rare it is.
    She could be the next Madame Curie. Cut her some slack. When she starts selling meth or building bombs for terries; then I might get concerned.

But the term "mental illness" means things. She's like 18? Shoot, man. She's smart and got a wild streak.

Mental Illness is like misused on folks who are different.

I dunno how old or young you are, but we all look back to our salad days with some cringe and if you dont then you are either a square or a lying to yourself.

ETA She's 16 and looks like a girl with a pixie cut who has a "boyfriend" who is another girl.

Probably a phase. She's 16. Being 16. Doing 16 year old things. I bet if Ryan Gosling showed up and asked her if she wanted to shoot skinjobs and fly in a flying car she would not object.

I wouldnt object. I mean he's so non-threatening, yet confidence inspiring. Didn't y'all ever watch The Notebook
    Please don't perpetuate the normalization of mental illness. It really is not cool, and is best left to lesser intelligent beings, or those with an agenda. And it does unrepairable harm to our youth.

Even the ultra-liberal American Psychiatric Association agrees gender dysphoria is a disorder, for now...

Unfortunately, the APA also - incorrectly I should add - removed homosexuality from the DSM in the 70's.

The harm done to children by the crazies will have significant consequences for mankind.
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    Please don't perpetuate the normalization of mental illness. It really is not cool, and is best left to lesser intelligent beings, or those with an agenda. And it does unrepairable harm to our youth.

Even the ultra-liberal American Psychiatric Association agrees gender dysphoria is a disorder, for now...

Unfortunately, the APA also - incorrectly I should add - removed homosexuality from the DSM in the 70's.

The harm done to children by the crazies will have significant consequences for mankind.
    Do you have professional certifications in behavioral health?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post

Are you qualified to diagnose Gender Dysphoria?

Did Feline go get his Doctorate in Behavioral Psychology, defend a Thesis, and get x number of residency hours working with people who had been clinically diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria? Have you sat down and interviewed a person who was medically transitioning?

Or are we just hearing your opinions and feelings based on an interview with a 16 year old girl with a hippie dad?

He's probably happy he's not having to chase off all the dicks in town because his daughter is a 'boy' and her 'boyfriend' is a girl and all they probably do is hug and hold hands which is what girls do anyways.

None of this is new.

Now if we were talking about that boy on TLC who wants his winky dink wacked off at age 16 then, yes. I might agree.

The way I figure, it should be illegal to cut off or inject anything until you are age of majority.

But growing armpit hair and dressing boyish is nowhere near that level.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Or are we just hearing your opinions and feelings

Isn’t that kind of what your last few post have been regarding this subject?
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Isn’t that kind of what your last few post have been regarding this subject?
    Yeah, but if I offer opinions; it is to defend rather than condemn.

Calling folks crazy or degenerate willy nilly is a bit of a broad brush.

Calling someone mentally ill that you don't know and aren't qualified to deem mentally ill is not good.

It's like me saying "Why do you own a gun? Are you paranoid or just insecure?"

You wouldn't appreciate that, so why chump out a kid doing kid stuff?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12