Page 157 of 179 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1788

Thread: Mueller Files first Charges (MUELLER CONTENT GOES HERE)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    Just a small point of contention, I don’t know where he lives now, but until pretty recently he lived in a historical house in Sunset Heights that appraised for less than $200k and certainly had no walls. Was he from a moderately wealthy family in El Paso? Definitely. But unless something big changed he wasn’t walled off from anyone.

Don’t misinterpret that as anything other than a correction...I definitely held my nose and voted for Cruz mostly as an F U to the coasts trying to influence TX politics.
    Do you know who his father-in-law is?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Mueller Files first Charges (MUELLER CONTENT GOES HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Do you know who his father-in-law is?
    Yes. He’s worth about 500 million. But I also happen to know how to use google, and I spend almost one hundred days a year working next to his campaign photographer who is an exceptionally decent dude. Hell I attended his rival high school in Virginia albeit a decade later, and know plenty of good solid conservative guys who went to woodberry...doesn’t change anything about what house they live in does it? I don’t even own a home.

He’s worth more at the moment than Ted Cruz, almost twice as much. That is irrelevant to the fact that for most of his adult life in El Paso, he has lived where I said he lived.

I’m not saying that he didn’t live there to make him more palatable to El Pasoans, nor anything else. Just that we can’t disregard reality to make a point.

Feedback Score
    With Comey's latest comments, I think I finally understand him. He thought that by doing what he did in the HRC email investigation it would inoculate HRC from the charge that the FBI buried it. He was sure that she was going to win, but if there was sniff that the FBI held back, there would be cries of favoritism. Comey disses her, but doesn't indict her. I think Comey's plan was that after HRC won, he'd be able to go to her and say- "I know you are pissed, but I was playing the long game and protecting you from charges of favoritism. Aren't I smart and strategic, imagine what I can do as head of DOJ."

But HRC lost and all the stuff from the BS about the HRC "investigation" came out from the House and the crazy dossier blew up in their faces because it was never meant to have a 3 year shelf life- it was like the documents about Bush and the NG, it was meant to sway the election- not survive the harsh light of scrutiny.

So Comey overplayed his hand and is blamed for HRC's loss. What to do? Come out swinging and try to assassinate his unintended progeny. Just look at the language that he uses in relation to Trump. Is that the logical and reasoned speech and rhetoric of a sane man? Not even close. He is goofier than an MSNBC show runner high on meth and weed. He sees his only redemption in trying to get rid of Trump- by any means necessary. So he screws up his legacy and thinks by trying to screw over another president, he can gain his way back into the liberal nirvana.

Not going to happen, and he really needs to be called out on this BS.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    With Comey's latest comments, I think I finally understand him. He thought that by doing what he did in the HRC email investigation it would inoculate HRC from the charge that the FBI buried it. He was sure that she was going to win, but if there was sniff that the FBI held back, there would be cries of favoritism. Comey disses her, but doesn't indict her. I think Comey's plan was that after HRC won, he'd be able to go to her and say- "I know you are pissed, but I was playing the long game and protecting you from charges of favoritism. Aren't I smart and strategic, imagine what I can do as head of DOJ."

But HRC lost and all the stuff from the BS about the HRC "investigation" came out from the House and the crazy dossier blew up in their faces because it was never meant to have a 3 year shelf life- it was like the documents about Bush and the NG, it was meant to sway the election- not survive the harsh light of scrutiny.

So Comey overplayed his hand and is blamed for HRC's loss. What to do? Come out swinging and try to assassinate his unintended progeny. Just look at the language that he uses in relation to Trump. Is that the logical and reasoned speech and rhetoric of a sane man? Not even close. He is goofier than an MSNBC show runner high on meth and weed. He sees his only redemption in trying to get rid of Trump- by any means necessary. So he screws up his legacy and thinks by trying to screw over another president, he can gain his way back into the liberal nirvana.

I watched his wacky hallway press conference yesterday and I'm convinced of one thing. He absolutely believes he's some righteous crusader who will somehow save the country from Evil Trump Man. He truly believes that Trump is an existential threat to America and he's the lone man on the hill, fighting against impossible odds all by himself. It was a stunning interview by any standard, not to mention a fired ex-FBI Director.

He takes hubris to a heretofore unexplored depth. The scale will need to be reinvented.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I watched his wacky hallway press conference yesterday and I'm convinced of one thing. He absolutely believes he's some righteous crusader who will somehow save the country from Evil Trump Man. He truly believes that Trump is an existential threat to America and he's the lone man on the hill, fighting against impossible odds all by himself. It was a stunning interview by any standard, not to mention a fired ex-FBI Director.

He takes hubris to a heretofore unexplored depth. The scale will need to be reinvented.
    I think I will stick with;
    "Comey is a smarmy, self righteous mix of J. Edgar Hoover and a gay Lurch from the "Adams Family".

What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on with the Flynn case? It looks like Flynn's Attorney and his Judge just gave him wiggle room.
    Last edited by Averageman; 12-18-18 at 12:12.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I think I will stick with;
    "Comey is a smarmy, self righteous mix of J. Edgar Hoover and a gay Lurch from the "Adams Family".

What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on with the Flynn case? It looks like Flynn's Attorney and his Judge just gave him wiggle room.
    Oh I don't disagree with that at all. LOL

As for the bizarro sentencing hearing, I'm wondering whether the judge was giving Flynn a chance to withdraw his guilty plea, or if he's putting his thumb on the scale to prevent Flynn from halting his cooperation. I mean what a way to flip a coin. I'm not sure if Flynn's attorneys did him any favors or not.

We all know Flynn walked into disgraced ex-FBI Agent Peter Strozk's perjury trap. Current legal precedent would go against Flynn regarding entrapment, but it's not absolute settled caselaw, so could the judge throw out the case? Unlikely, but yes. On the other side of the coin, would Flynn have been better off rejecting the judge's offer and going for sentencing now? If he had and the judge rejected the sentencing recommendations and put him in prison, well his need to continue cooperating with Mueller would be over and Trump might just pardon him on the spot. Unlike Cohen, Trump still has a lot of positive feelings for Flynn.

I don't remember ever seeing anything quite like this. We're so far down the rabbit hole I'm not sure where we're going to come out, if I ever did. It's just nuts.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post

I don't remember ever seeing anything quite like this. We're so far down the rabbit hole I'm not sure where we're going to come out, if I ever did. It's just nuts.

This exactly.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Truly is nuts.

Reading the 302 it's pretty obvious he knew they had the call transcript. He thanked the Agents a few times for reminding him of something. It's pretty crazy to think he would try to lie knowing that.

I will say with absolute certainty that Comey and McCabe's claimed reason for the interview is utter BS. Worried Flynn lied to the VP? Nonsense. Flynn may have lied to protect the VP politically. Pence may have know and lied for political reasons. Either way it's political and not criminal. Comey had already changed the FBI into the Federal Bureau of Matters, so why not the Federal Bureau of Fact Checkers?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just a small point of contention, I don’t know where he lives now, but until pretty recently he lived in a historical house in Sunset Heights that appraised for less than $200k and certainly had no walls. Was he from a moderately wealthy family in El Paso? Definitely. But unless something big changed he wasn’t walled off from anyone.

Don’t misinterpret that as anything other than a correction...I definitely held my nose and voted for Cruz mostly as an F U to the coasts trying to influence TX politics.

Yes. He’s worth about 500 million. But I also happen to know how to use google, and I spend almost one hundred days a year working next to his campaign photographer who is an exceptionally decent dude. Hell I attended his rival high school in Virginia albeit a decade later, and know plenty of good solid conservative guys who went to woodberry...doesn’t change anything about what house they live in does it? I don’t even own a home.

He’s worth more at the moment than Ted Cruz, almost twice as much. That is irrelevant to the fact that for most of his adult life in El Paso, he has lived where I said he lived.

I’m not saying that he didn’t live there to make him more palatable to El Pasoans, nor anything else. Just that we can’t disregard reality to make a point.

Speaking of using Google, I found this in about a nano second. The exact image I referenced in my previous post that I first saw make the rounds on social media.

Typical South Western style architecture with adobe walls, yes they are around the two different court yards but they are walls none the less. I don't pretend to be a subject matter expert on anything especially Robert Francis but this is where the internet says he lives/lived at the time he was denouncing building a border wall.

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Truly is nuts.

Reading the 302 it's pretty obvious he knew they had the call transcript. He thanked the Agents a few times for reminding him of something. It's pretty crazy to think he would try to lie knowing that.

I will say with absolute certainty that Comey and McCabe's claimed reason for the interview is utter BS. Worried Flynn lied to the VP? Nonsense. Flynn may have lied to protect the VP politically. Pence may have know and lied for political reasons. Either way it's political and not criminal. Comey had already changed the FBI into the Federal Bureau of Matters, so why not the Federal Bureau of Fact Checkers?
    Obviously Flynn isn't an idiot, so what was he thinking?
    Or is it even plausible that during the course of the conversation they were having, it became convoluted with various topics back and forth, mostly having to do with incoming administration topics and he simply then forgot or phrased something in a way that could be construed as not fully truthful?
    Either way, the only way I can see him showing up for such a conversation without legal representation leads me to believe the agents were not completely clear as to their motives for meeting.

Page 157 of 179 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast