Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln7 View Post
What is the condition of the extractor (and its claw)? Pics of that might help. I swapped in a JP enhanced bolt (with enhanced extractor) on my 308AR and things smoothed out very nicely for me. Unfortunately that is more money to spend which might not be the direction you want to go.

Does the ejector move freely about the cabin? I cycle it in and out with a punch.
Pictures of the extractor are above. It, and the ejector, are seemingly fine.

That said, I have another update.
I sat down with my rifle before shooting today, and dished out some heavy threats. I basically mentioned borrowing a friend's plasma cutter, having some fun.

I put in the heavybuffers.com heavy spring, but with the H2 buffer (more on that later).
Then, I reinstalled the oring, and WOW what a difference! I was able to tune it to perfect 3:30 ejection unsuppressed, and it's actually reliable again! I'm very happy about that.
Suppressed was not as successful. 1:00 ejection, still double feeds/stovepipes, etc.
I called SpringCo and he suggested that I use the H2 and NOT the XH buffer, but recommended a stronger spring like their orange, which I purchased and it's on the way.
When it gets here I'll install that and see what it does.
But it looks like I'll be ditching the XH buffer at least.
Much better than yesterday. Progress...