Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P10 hates my SilencerCo Omega

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    That brings up another point, since my BCM gas block has .460" spacing, should I go with the .450 or .400?
    Well you will need to measure in that case. However, I would guess going with .450" would be best. My concern with .400" would be that the front hole would land too close to the existing drilled pin groove in the barrel.

The rear screw hole will still be opposite the gas port. SLR sets the rear screw and gas port spacing such that the block fills the space that would originally be occupied by the handguard retainer cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    So what are everyone's thoughts on the Superlative "bleed off" vs the SLR Sentry 7 for my rifle?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    So what are everyone's thoughts on the Superlative "bleed off" vs the SLR Sentry 7 for my rifle?
    I've got nothing to say about superlative gas blocks as I have had no contact with them.

Been using SLR blocks personally, and installing them on others' guns, for many years without issue. Maybe others can chime in with superlative experience.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Update:
    Got the superlative arms gas block. Had it pinned just like my old gas block, larger roll pin. Definitely no going back now.
    Shot it a good amount at the range today. Results:

With the XH spring and XH buffer, I was able to find a pretty good sweet spot at which the rifle fired fine and locked back with no suppressor, and still pretty good with the suppressor on.
    When suppressed, the cases are ejecting at 12:30-1:00, so I do still have occasional failures due to the brass deflecting back into the chamber.
    The cases don't launch very far though, they almost seen to just fall out of the chamber. Is this still a symptom of being over gassed when suppressed?
    Yes, I know that I can adjust the gas block to function better when suppressed. Haven't gotten that far yet.
    Last edited by masakari; 02-15-18 at 15:46.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The cases barrel trickling out of the ejection port is a symptom of weak extraction or ejection.

I suggest adjusting the gas block for best function with the suppressor. Chances are, you're going to end up shooting your rifle suppressed all of the time and it's a simple matter to open you the gas block a click or a quarter to half turn for the few times you decide to shoot without the suppressor.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The cases barrel trickling out of the ejection port is a symptom of weak extraction or ejection.

I suggest adjusting the gas block for best function with the suppressor. Chances are, you're going to end up shooting your rifle suppressed all of the time and it's a simple matter to open you the gas block a click or a quarter to half turn for the few times you decide to shoot without the suppressor.
    Well the suppressor is still in NFA jail, but even when it's out on parole, I feel like it'll live most of it's life on my 5.56 rifles anyway,
    Regardless, it almost seems like the brass is deflecting straight forward at 12:00 and hitting the front of the election port, then falling out.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Well the suppressor is still in NFA jail, but even when it's out on parole, I feel like it'll live most of it's life on my 5.56 rifles anyway,
    Regardless, it almost seems like the brass is deflecting straight forward at 12:00 and hitting the front of the election port, then falling out.
    In that case, I think mist is right. The extractor is losing control of the case before it clears the ejection port.

What extractor spring set are you using?

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    In that case, I think mist is right. The extractor is losing control of the case before it clears the ejection port.

What extractor spring set are you using?

Whatever came stock in my M&P10

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Whatever came stock in my M&P10
    I would step up to a sprinco enhanced set even if you weren't having issues.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I would step up to a sprinco enhanced set even if you weren't having issues.

In looking at their site, I have no idea which to get. I'll post a picture of mine in a few minutes so that we can reference that.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast