Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: M&P10 hates my SilencerCo Omega

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln7 View Post
    What is the condition of the extractor (and its claw)? Pics of that might help. I swapped in a JP enhanced bolt (with enhanced extractor) on my 308AR and things smoothed out very nicely for me. Unfortunately that is more money to spend which might not be the direction you want to go.

Does the ejector move freely about the cabin? I cycle it in and out with a punch.
    Pictures of the extractor are above. It, and the ejector, are seemingly fine.

That said, I have another update.
    I sat down with my rifle before shooting today, and dished out some heavy threats. I basically mentioned borrowing a friend's plasma cutter, having some fun.

I put in the heavybuffers.com heavy spring, but with the H2 buffer (more on that later).
    Then, I reinstalled the oring, and WOW what a difference! I was able to tune it to perfect 3:30 ejection unsuppressed, and it's actually reliable again! I'm very happy about that.
    Suppressed was not as successful. 1:00 ejection, still double feeds/stovepipes, etc.
    I called SpringCo and he suggested that I use the H2 and NOT the XH buffer, but recommended a stronger spring like their orange, which I purchased and it's on the way.
    When it gets here I'll install that and see what it does.
    But it looks like I'll be ditching the XH buffer at least.
    Much better than yesterday. Progress...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    Pictures of the extractor are above. It, and the ejector, are seemingly fine.

That said, I have another update.
    I sat down with my rifle before shooting today, and dished out some heavy threats. I basically mentioned borrowing a friend's plasma cutter, having some fun.

I put in the heavybuffers.com heavy spring, but with the H2 buffer (more on that later).
    Then, I reinstalled the oring, and WOW what a difference! I was able to tune it to perfect 3:30 ejection unsuppressed, and it's actually reliable again! I'm very happy about that.
    Suppressed was not as successful. 1:00 ejection, still double feeds/stovepipes, etc.
    I called SpringCo and he suggested that I use the H2 and NOT the XH buffer, but recommended a stronger spring like their orange, which I purchased and it's on the way.
    When it gets here I'll install that and see what it does.
    But it looks like I'll be ditching the XH buffer at least.
    Much better than yesterday. Progress...
    Good to hear you're making progress. Try a new ejector spring.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Well, I'm done, and satisfied.
    It works best with the H2 buffer and Heavy Buffers (Wolff I think) .308 rifle (not Carbine) spring
    The springco orange actually made things worse.
    It seems to function well now both unsuppressed and suppressed, though a couple of clicks of adjustment are best when switching.
    But overall, I'm finally happy with the result.
    Anyone need this brand new springco orange spring? Haha

Feedback Score
    That's awesome to hear, Ill probably have to copy the setup when I go that route.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    It works best with the H2 buffer and Heavy Buffers (Wolff I think) .308 rifle (not Carbine) spring
    It seems to function well now both unsuppressed and suppressed, though a couple of clicks of adjustment are best when switching.
    Could always throw it in the pay it forward thread. Happy you got things worked out

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Good to hear you tamed the beast. Congrats.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Glad you got it working. I went down the same road when i added my Omega to my Armalite AR10. Frustrated to the max ! Ended up with a Heavy HX buffer and a POF adj gas block. Now shooting unsuppressed and suppressed is a simple 4 clicks of the gas block and running smooth.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Masakari, I'm resurrecting your thread because I owe you an apology. When I told you not to use the O ring with the extractor spring, I was making a couple of assumptions that were wrong. I didn't realize the MP-10 extractor spring was of a different size.

When I took apart the extractor on my Big Smith, I found S&W was using an O ring. I also found the extractor spring had sacked and was skewed sideways. A Colt 901 spring was ordered from Brownell's and arrived to today. I installed it and took it to the range for test firing. Unsuppressed, ejection seemed fine. Suppressed, ejection was erratic and the rifle is definitely over-gassed. Without the O ring, I got stovepipes just like in your photo posted earlier in this thread.

With the O ring, the stovepipes went away but the ejection pattern is erratic. Better than the factory spring, but it's still a problem. Correcting the over-gassing will help with ejection, but I think the spring is marginal. Which ejector spring did you settle on? Does it work well, or do you think it should be a bit stronger?
    Last edited by MistWolf; 12-12-18 at 20:58.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Masakari, I'm resurrecting your thread because I owe you an apology. When I told you not to use the O ring with the extractor spring, I was making a couple of assumptions that were wrong. I didn't realize the MP-10 extractor spring was of a different size.

When I took apart the extractor on my Big Smith, I found S&W was using an O ring. I also found the extractor spring had sacked and was skewed sideways. A Colt 901 spring was ordered from Brownell's and arrived to today. I installed it and took it to the range for test firing. Unsuppressed, ejection seemed fine. Suppressed, ejection was erratic and the rifle is definitely over-gassed. Without the O ring, I got stovepipes just like in your photo posted earlier in this thread.

With the O ring, the stovepipes went away but the ejection pattern is erratic. Better than the factory spring, but it's still a problem. Correcting the over-gassing will help with ejection, but I think the spring is marginal. Which ejector spring did you settle on? Does it work well, or do you think it should be a bit stronger?
    Sorry for the late reply! I actually haven't had much of a chance to shoot this rifle due to some traveling around, but when I get back to it, I'll let you know.
    I have a feeling that I'll never fully solve this issue, but when I last shot it, it worked well enough.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789