Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 World Series

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

2017 World Series

What a series.

Homeruns galore. Back and forth leads. Back and forth leads in the series. George HW Bush rolling out on his wheelchair for a first pitch, and then casually tosses the ball to his son George W Bush to do it instead.

The score in Game 5 is 11-8 right now, Houston is up, after being down all game.

I saw all the celebrities in the stands during Game 1 in Los Angeles and immediately became a huge Houston fan. Plus, after everything they've been through they need this.

Feedback Score
    I'm not a big baseball fan, really just watch the post-season. This has been a great series and I want the Astros to win it, the city needs this. God knows the Texans aren't helping them any.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    I'm not a big baseball fan, really just watch the post-season. This has been a great series and I want the Astros to win it, the city needs this. God knows the Texans aren't helping them any.
    They did. Set several series records in the process. Not a previous Houston fan, I am on board their bus for the series.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I haven’t enjoyed a WS this much since 1991. Altuve just cracks me up always looking ready to explode at the plate.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I haven't followed baseball since the mid 90s !! My surprise was when I heard that the Houston Astro is the American League champion. LOL

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I haven't watched a complete baseball game in decades...I switched this one on after hammering out 10 hrs. working in my shop. A couple cold beers later I couldn't turn it off. Frankly if every game of the season was like this I might become a fan.

Feedback Score
    Last nights game was fantastic. The entire series so far has been great. Stayed up way to late to finish that one out last night.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    What a series.

Homeruns galore. Back and forth leads. Back and forth leads in the series. George HW Bush rolling out on his wheelchair for a first pitch, and then casually tosses the ball to his son George W Bush to do it instead.

The score in Game 5 is 11-8 right now, Houston is up, after being down all game.

I saw all the celebrities in the stands during Game 1 in Los Angeles and immediately became a huge Houston fan. Plus, after everything they've been through they need this.
    Didn't W own the Dodgers at one time?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thumbs down

Meh Dodgers

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Didn't W own the Dodgers at one time?
    Negative, the Texas Rangers.

I'm a huge Yu Darvish fan. I'd love to see Darvish get a World Series ring, but the Astro's have played incredibly well all season. Those lads have a great ball club and really pounce on any opportunity they get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast