Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Larry Vickers and the Centurion Arms SPR

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    let us know if you need anything or we can be of any help!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is good timing! Also just getting started on a build for one of these uppers and will definitely be using a Centurion barrel. Question on handguard, is the PRI gen 3 still a viable option? I don't really have a need for all the rail space on the RAS, or any other quad rail.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by marco.g View Post
    This is good timing! Also just getting started on a build for one of these uppers and will definitely be using a Centurion barrel. Question on handguard, is the PRI gen 3 still a viable option? I don't really have a need for all the rail space on the RAS, or any other quad rail.
    ill have to look but I THINK PRI is still offering them. I know i have a couple of their handguards in the shop have to see what type they are.

Thank you
    Monty

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Monty,

Thanks for the reply. I did see that PRI had some stock available direct. I was wondering if you had come across any specific downsides with the PRI handguard in your experience?

-Marco

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Monty, thank you very much for taking the time to visit. And I really do appreciate all the extra time you spent on the M4C group buy. I'm building up my RECCE now.

Wishing you and the Missus a safe and merry Christmas, and a prosperous 2019!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    let us know if you need anything or we can be of any help!!
    12.5" barrel with a tapered profile (not a LW), .750 GB journal. Please. 5/8 x 24 threads... ? : )

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Monty,

Thanks for the reply. I did see that PRI had some stock available direct. I was wondering if you had come across any specific downsides with the PRI handguard in your experience?

-Marco
    Well I will say the Mod 1 is a much more robust system but I get if people are wanting to clone that they go after the Mod 0 for looks. the original ones back in the day I'd say were much more of a pain to install and had other issues I have a couple set of part to build with from their newest stuff it definitely is much batter now a lot of the issue too was the old ARMS rail that went on the top.

Serious student- thank you we were glad to do it and thank you guys to all who participated we appreciate you guys and hope we can keep serving you!!

MQ105- do you mean in a 5.56?? so you want a 5.56 with 5/8-24 threads???

thank you!!
    Monty

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Well I will say the Mod 1 is a much more robust system but I get if people are wanting to clone that they go after the Mod 0 for looks. the original ones back in the day I'd say were much more of a pain to install and had other issues I have a couple set of part to build with from their newest stuff it definitely is much batter now a lot of the issue too was the old ARMS rail that went on the top.
    Monty,

Thanks for the expert opinion! I think that pushes me back to the mod 1 style of upper.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    5.56. If you have them already done in 12.5” with 1/2x28 that is good. If you would have to make a barrel, then 5/8x24 would be great.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Monty,

Thanks for the expert opinion! I think that pushes me back to the mod 1 style of upper.
    Not a problem!! just operationally and real world use the Mod 1 is just a better gun no doubt.

MQ105 - I might have a 12.5in hammer forged still laying around e-mail sales@centurionarms.net and she will confirm if we do for you!! if not there are some in the works right now so it will only be a few more weeks.

Thank you!!
    Monty

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324