Thread: It finally arrived

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Classically Awesome

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    That is pretty neat

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Nothing wrong with a fun gun. That is awesome. Congrats

Feedback Score
    Thought I'd update this a bit. I took the M1SB out on my range to test-fire it two weekends ago - put 150 rounds through it. It's a super fun rifle to shoot, not a tack-driver for accuracy but it was never intended to be. But, once I got used to it I was hitting an 8X12 steel target pretty consistently from 80 yards. I did, however, have a random issue with getting 2 or 3 rounds bursts with each magazine. Clearly, the sear was not working properly.

Fortunately, I live about an hour away from The Tommy Gun Warehouse so I contacted them and they had me bring it in. Their armorer was a super nice guy - spent about 2 hours tweaking the rifle, putting in a new sear and then test-firing it to make sure everything was perfect.

I took it out again last weekend and put another 150 rounds through it - flawless. Even in semi the rate of fire is pretty good - in the second picture you can see 3 casings in the air and the bolt closing on a 4th round and those were the first 3 rounds in the string. Awesome rifle.

IMG_0675_1.jpg

IMG_0725_1.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Im curious if you took it to a public range. I bet you'd turn a few heads with that sweet thing. May you have many more happy days at the range with it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kastl View Post
    Im curious if you took it to a public range. I bet you'd turn a few heads with that sweet thing. May you have many more happy days at the range with it.
    I'm going to have to try that. Thanks for the well-wishes. I'm looking forward to getting out on the range again this week.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious6 View Post
    Actually, given how long it was taking for ATF Form 4s to process for short barreled rifles this wasn't too bad - only took 6 months. It is an Auto Ordnance Thompson M1 - new manufacture semi. Haven't fired it yet - probably will do so tomorrow. I've got a 120 yard range on our property.

Attachment 48379
    So jealous! Congrats on a beautiful gun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12