Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chip McCormick trigger install help

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Chip McCormick trigger install help

OK...First I'm embarrased. After all, It's supposed to be a drop in trigger. After I removed the two trigger assembly pins and removed the old trigger from my 6.8spc, the new McCormick drop in is blocked by the safety. I tapped it a few times and it wouldn't move. I thought I stop and ask for help before I make things worse. Any help is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter
    OK...First I'm embarrased. After all, It's supposed to be a drop in trigger. After I removed the two trigger assembly pins and removed the old trigger from my 6.8spc, the new McCormick drop in is blocked by the safety. I tapped it a few times and it wouldn't move. I thought I stop and ask for help before I make things worse. Any help is appreciated.
    Remove the grip so that you can turn or remove the safety to make room for the trigger unit. Don't loose the safety detent nor spring.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Don't be embarassed. The safety is a funny thing to remove. You first take off the pistol grip nice and slow. On the right hand side (with buttstock facing you) there is a verrrry slim spring and a little plunger that fit into a hole in the PG. Carefully remove them, then just push on the side of the selector that doesn't have the little thumb-pushy thing. Put in the trigger, slide the safety back in, reassemble with the little plunger and spring in the PG and voila!

Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    They both beat me to it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Gentlemen,
    Thank You for your help. I appreciate the assistance.

Feedback Score
    no problem at all! My pleasure. Anything else we can help you with? (sorry to drag you into this gotm4)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Deadwood83 and gotM4...you guys rock. Just took your advice and finished the install in a few minutes. No problems and the trigger is a big improvement over the original Colt. I'll be deer hunting with this rig (PRI 6.8 upper)and I owe both of you the backstraps.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Watch that trigger closely for any issues (just as a heads up).

C4

Feedback Score
    Grant, have you heard of problems with them? Or was that just a general heads up?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    Watch that trigger closely for any issues (just as a heads up).

C4

What do you know? I've been running one for over a year w/o problems and recently tried to order several more only to be told that they have been discontinued.

Hardgear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast