Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Profiles

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    First, should folks be encouraged/required to provide some background info. Those who run the forum have been clear that that's not going to happen, in part because the resources are not available for any sort of vetting process. Also, it's been made clear from the beginning that this forum wasn't going to be a restricted forum like 10-8, but more accessable like arfcom (but kept to a narrower focus).
    Yes. I respect (and agree with) the staff/mods decision not to hound everyone over their profile/intro post/whatever. Its a lot of time and effort wasted and there's little to no reward in taking the time to pester everyone about it.

Since it is on the "honor system" I do think a polite request on the registration page would be reasonable, and that very well may be in place -- it's been two years since I registered, I don't remember what it said. Beyond that...good luck.

That said, I also believe that if more people would just toss us all a bone and tell us something about themselves it would help us understand where they're coming from. It would definitely help with the goal of qualifying our statements without everyones background needing to be reiterated in every post.

Of course if we can't see anyone's profile to begin with, it's a moot point.

Second, the profile information that we do enter is no longer accessable from the public profile, but only by going through the member list. I, for one, think making it accessable from the public profile via the "about me" tab would be nice, if that's reasonably doable. Heck, maybe it's just some setting I missed somewhere...
    I agree here and if it's possible, it would at least help out for those who do opt to take the time to fill out their profiles honestly. If it's not feasible, that's fine. I tried every link I could find to see some setting that I had turned off, but no luck. If I knew anything about board code, I'd be happy to help on the back end, but I don't.

I've learned a lot from the site, am proud to be a member here, and want to see the board continue to do well. The bigger it gets, the harder it is to keep on track, though...nature of the beast. If there's anything I can do, please let me know.

ETA: Thanks, SHIVAN.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    There is a world that should be,
    and a world that is.

WE live in the world that is.

I agree w/ the Mods/Staff's position 110%.

I see no benefit whatsoever when you have FRAUDS abounding in this industry who are Cross Vetting their phoney buddies and their buddies are crossvetting them or putting them on their Board of Directors.

Some of them have DUPED LEO/MIL/FEDS/DoD for years nuff said.

Then you have the felons who change their name etc.

There is no way w/o BONAFIDE DD214's, FIT Reports, MOS Schools, employment records etc.

It would be simply way to cost prohibitive etc.

Sounds a lot like the same problems with Wall Street and Washington to me. VENALITY.

FRAUD, is The NUMBER ONE Crime...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Usually we figure out pretty quickly those worth listening to, those who should be ignored and those who should have their account locked.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123