View Poll Results: Which LowPower Variable Optic?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vortex Razor Gen2 1-6

11 61.11%
  • Leupold VX6 CMR2 1-6

5 27.78%
  • Burris 1-8

1 5.56%
  • Some other option is better - List in Thread reasons

3 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which LPVO ? Vortex Razor Vs Leupold VX6 vs Burris 1-8

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Which LPVO ? Vortex Razor Vs Leupold VX6 vs Burris 1-8

Which LPVO ? Vortex Razor Vs Leupold VX6 vs Burris 1-8
    Looking for feedback from users. I have seen the SupersetCA video but looking for more user opinions.

I would lean more towards getting the Razor but the reticle does not have range estimation stadia for some strange reason...
    Warranty rep is good, Weight is not good, price is a bit high.

Leupold VX6 1-6 CMR2 has ranging, super light and daylight bright but futzy illumination controls? warranty customer service may not be as good?

Burris 1-8 Ballistic Circle Dot has ranging but is about same heavy weight as Razor- warranty customer service may not be as good?
    Some say glass is not as good.

Anyone have feedback on Battery life of these units in real use?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Overall, Leupold has great customer service. I like Leupold scopes because in general, they are a good balance of weight, durability and optical clarity.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Overall, Leupold has great customer service. I like Leupold scopes because in general, they are a good balance of weight, durability and optical clarity.
    Thanks - would they replace the scope if it was dropped/damaged? I've heard Vortex will

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    I would lean more towards getting the Razor but the reticle does not have range estimation stadia for some strange reason...
    Warranty rep is good, Weight is not good, price is a bit high.
    Mil hash marks in the Razor's reticle can be used for range E. I do wish there were 0.5mil marks to assist with it, but que sera. Honestly though, a 1-6 isn't necessarily the best option for milling anything.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yes I know one can range with the mil hashes but that requires calculations

I find I prefer the shoulder width stadia to estimate range / holdover much quicker than going through some calculations - am I wrong?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Not on the liat but I settled on the Trijicon Accupower 1-4. I tried the Burris and Razor 1-6 but overall the weight/clarity of the Trijicon and better 1x solidified my decision. The 2x difference is negligible IMO.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Not on the liat but I settled on the Trijicon Accupower 1-4. I tried the Burris and Razor 1-6 but overall the weight/clarity of the Trijicon and better 1x solidified my decision. The 2x difference is negligible IMO.
    Thanks - Accupower is a second choice I have been looking at but I thought the illumination was not quite daylight bright?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    No experience with any of the scopes but the DPP I had did come without two of the necessary screws to hold the shroud on. They mailed me some replacement screws but I was still kind of surprised to see that. Plus, they have different warranties for different parts of the optic. I think the scope body is lifetime but the electronics are only three years or something. Not that great compared to Vortex.
    Last edited by Wake27; 11-04-17 at 15:11.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Thanks - would they replace the scope if it was dropped/damaged? I've heard Vortex will
    I don't know. Personally, I've never had to use Leupold's customer service. I've talked to people who have for a variety of reasons and most were satisfied.

I've been looking through scopes for five decades. I keep coming back to Leupold for ruggedness, optical quality, weight and value.

My best advice is, go look through as many scopes you can and pick the one you like best. The only way to tell if you made the right choice is to live with that scope for awhile. I've lived with Weavers, Redfields, Tascos, Burris, Nightforce and Leupold. Only the NF & Leupolds are still in the stable. The only way to find out if you chose the right scope is to take it out in the field and shoot with it.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    You might want to consider the VX-6HD, which is the updated version of the VX-6. The CMR reticle is reputedly not as bright as the FireDot BDC.

For me, weight is a big deal for a LPVO. You're adding over a pound on your rifle even with the lightest scope and mount. Between the Leupold and Vortex, that's an 11.8 oz difference. Is that worth it to you?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast