View Poll Results: Which LowPower Variable Optic?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vortex Razor Gen2 1-6

11 61.11%
  • Leupold VX6 CMR2 1-6

5 27.78%
  • Burris 1-8

1 5.56%
  • Some other option is better - List in Thread reasons

3 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which LPVO ? Vortex Razor Vs Leupold VX6 vs Burris 1-8

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Leupold Mk8 1-8 or USO 1-8. On your list, Razor HD2 1-6 by a landslide.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Yes I know one can range with the mil hashes but that requires calculations

I find I prefer the shoulder width stadia to estimate range / holdover much quicker than going through some calculations - am I wrong?
    People have different width shoulders and not everyone who needs to get shot will be facing you so you can measure their shoulders.

That said, if this is going on a 5.56 gun, you can use some quick visual range estimations and use the MIL hash marks or anatomy holds to adjust for range.

Feedback Score
    With the no-hassle warranty of Vortex, and the quality of the Razor II HD, it's a nobrainer for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    ... illumination was not quite daylight bright?
    People put emphasis this "feature" to the extreme, in my opinion. I am more concerned with a bold enough reticle design that I can use without illumination. First reason being my illumination going down, second because a bold black reticle is actually better contrast for aiming in extremely bright environments.

Feedback Score
    Just another opinion here. I have the VX-6 (Gen1) with the Firedot BDC. Originally it had the CMR2 but I just couldn’t get comfortable with that reticle. Not daylight bright in my experience, not a big deal but I also found myself hunting for the horseshoe against dark targets. Also the half moa dot could be difficult to pick up for more precise shots at distance. I don’t have the vision I used to. I had the leupold custom shop swap the reticle to the BDC with red fire dot. Much better for me. It’s a little thick so I suppose there could be some loss of precision compared to the dot, but the reticle is much easier to pick up against different backgrounds, illuminated or not. I may now have the most expensive VX-6 ever made, but I’m very happy with it. Just my opinion. Hope it helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12